...could easily replace me in all my endeavors, but you be the judge...
Friday, February 18, 2005
¿Dónde está la casa del burrito culo grande?
Or in other words, I want sum Chipotle up in here, pronto my lil pinto beans! I’m cravin it…among other things. You DC suburbs scrubs don’t realize how lucky you are to have one on every corner. We Balmer hons are forced to ponder the question that today’s blog title inquires: Where is the house of the big ass burrito?

Anyway, I’m feeling Mexican today. My little friend told me a Mexican anecdote the other night and let’s see if I can get it right. If not, well, then you can call me a stupid Mexican and we’ll just move on to the next topic (but secretly I will be happy since I was feeling Mexican and you only confirmed it).

He said, “I was in a car accident a few years ago in Mexico, and I had to have a metal plate put in my head, by a Mexican doctor. And Im in the hospital in Mexico being prepped for surgery and just as the anesthesia is putting me out, I hear this Mexican doctor say "be careful... this plate is hot".

Hardy harr harr…I think I got it right. I’m sure he’ll let me know if I blew it….he always does ;)

So Mexicans. Remember Chi-Chis? That was all we used to have before all these Don Pablos and South of the Borders and Rios sprung up. It was just Chi-Chis and that’s it. With that crappy Velveeta cheese they used to use and enough rice and beans to feed Southern California’s Mexican population and…of course, you had to have gone at least once on your birthday to Chi-Chis. Ahhhhh...fried ice cream, a crappy sombrero that surely had everyone’s lice in Glen Burnie in it, and the Chi-Chis birthday song: (a hem…let me tune my voice…meee meee meee!!!)

Happy happy happy birthday!
Happy happy happy birthday!
Happy happy happy birthday
To you, to you, to you, Ole!


And then…as quickly as they placed the sombrero atop your head, it was whisked away, whilst seven disgruntled teenage waiters with raging acne, left your table to get back to giving everyone shitty service. “Here’s your fried ice cream.” And you know, they all sang so monotone…there was no enthusiasm whatsoever, like REAL Mexicans would have displayed. AREBA! Thank god for my family being a bunch of goofy actors and singers, or else that song never would have been done right. We sang it with gusto! ¡Tráigalo en chupadores! I will sing this it to you sometime…although you’ve prolly heard it, as I leave it on all friends’ and family’s’ voice mails on their birthday (and sometimes not). But, trabajo bueno! I like that Chi-chi-s made up their own song. It was so SPICY! Caliente!

Ok so again, not much to write about today, obviously. This weekend is going to be telling for me. I have a lot of little loose ends to tie up for my big move, some responsibilities to get on, and some personal relationships, that are budding, that I’m going to be watching like a damn HAWK! Kidding ;) Just…we’ll see. I doubt I will be blogging in my pants on Monday and crying to you all about the woes that are my pathetic existence, but then again…aren’t you expecting it?

I leave you with this chicos and chicas…enjoy! And have a burrito on me tonight. Maybe I will see ya at Chipotle. They KNOW me there, so stick with me and I will get you a discount…the “special brown” discount. ;) Dig?


I don’t see anything? Do you? Golly, those border police really do have an eye for the obscure…hmmm…


.
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila…BORDER. How f*cked up did this hombre have to get to actually get inside of a car seat? He’s glazy…loco!

Oh well, don’t knock him…that’s how I got in! Gracias amigos for the use of your country! May I make you a margarita? POOF! You’re a margarita!

love and burritos,
me

Songs of the Day:
Mexico – James Taylor
You Make Me Fee Like Dancin – Leo Slayer
Let’s Get It On – Marvin Gaye (I know…how trite)
Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I’m Yours – Stevie Wonder


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woa...that sux, no Chipotle? ah F*ing carumba dude (and dudets). Too many midnight dynamiters and not enough beans(Starbucks or Chipotle variety). Bust atleast they still have KIX and Z-28 mullet wearing WT....I get a stiff freddie thinking about it. I think I need a cold cold shower.

Post a Comment

<< Home