...could easily replace me in all my endeavors, but you be the judge...
Monday, August 15, 2005
9 days, 2 hours, 21 minutes and 4 seconds...
tick tock tick tock....

But who's counting? ;) I put in my 2 weeks notice this morning. Can I just say that there are a multitude of USDA approved barbituates in our pharmaceutical system that were created for people just like me? I'm an anxiety pill producers meal-ticket.

I get nervous folks. Something upcoming that's looming with eminent doom?...I worry. Something great coming up but that will require some feat of strength whether it be emotional or physical?...I worry. Someone jumps out from behind the bathroom door and scares me? ...I shit my pants and then am mad for an hour. My gas needle is practically on E?...I bite all my nails off in anticipatory angst. In the words of the 80's band Scandal, "I am the Worrier!" Oh hmm wait, maybe they are saying "Warrior"? Well I've always sang it as "worrier" so why stop now? I'm a high strung broad. ;)

So needless to say I was a freakazoid all day yesterday (sorry to he who had to be around that, do you see what you're dealing with now?) worrying my little head off about "worse case scenarios". Still my date proceeded to say the same simple thing I get from just about everyone with sense and that is, "yeah...but..you can really DO anything about any of that right now, so the worrying is pointless." He's right! Tell it to my digestive system! :( So I worried all day about how putting in my 2 weeks notice at TA would go, imagining the worst such as being given the Peoples Elbow, Rock style, by a very short man who also happens to be my boss, so being set on fire, to being locked in the back conference room for two weeks with no gingerale or if it goes as bad as I THINK, he'd fire me on the spot. I am slightly mental you see. :) But Im a hell of a marketer and I'm gonna kick ass at my new job! (but Ive already started to worry about that preemtively too, so rest assured, I got that worrying covered) ;)

I basically put it off all morning, editing my resignation letter...telling everyone on the planet about it first...being a total chicken (bakaw!), when finally I decided that I had to do this before lunch; I needed to just get up, waltz in there with my letter in hand and do the deed. So anyway, it went perfectly fine and very civil and even PLEASANT. So that goes to show ya how much more medication I need to be on just to live a normal life. ohhh dear...

I'm excited though. I do feel as is a huge weight is lifted off of me. This new job is a great offer and I'm excited about it totally. I've already been getting Happy Hour invitations from many existing DC workers and THIS I am excited about. So things are great for thelauralee right now. I am so very happy. I thought it was a good idea for me to TELL YOU how happy I was and how well I am doing, given the fact that I'm very regularly bitching and moaning on here. You gotta ger the good AND the bad. :)

Thanks again for all the congratulatory emails and phone calls!!! Youre the best. I wont forget you when I'm a millionaire... ;)

Songs of the Week:
Walkin on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves
So In Love - Perry Como
Bless the Broken Road - Rascall Flatts
True - Ryan Cabrera
The Warrior - Scandal


5 Comments:

Blogger John Holland said...

I'm really glad that things are going so great. Don't worry (I know, easier said than done, huh?) you'll do great at your new job.

Blogger Lindsay said...

Yeah, stop the worries for a bit, you are more phenomenal then you'll ever realize. These people will thank you profusely after they've seen how awesome their choice of new personnel is for the job.

Blogger TD said...

Well said Linz. This one made me laugh. (Going to steal your blog for a minute) bc of two things.

One, you are an incredibly stellar person, I wish you didn't worry so much. I'm going to go with something I know here to implore everyone to...GIMME A "C"! GIMME AN "A"! GIMME A "T"! GIMME A "HOLIC"!!!!!!

Two, because when I was making the decision to move to Raleigh, I was seriously stressing and worrying. I had a long list of reasons I should go, take the job, move down here on a whim, to follow my mentor on another crazy adventure..and a list of one for why I should stay.

I had to March my ass into my job and hand in a resignation letter to my boss (who's name, funny enough, was exactly that of my mentor) 3 months after being hired. After the VP had taken a chance on me. After I was just starting to come into my own with them and had a big meeting later that day.

Now I was nervous of many of the same things you were.Firing, etc, etc. My boss was WAY cool about it also. He wished me luck and said he was sorry to see me go.

Word Spread around the company like wildfire. I got calls fromthe president, the VP on down. I was feeling pretty good that day. The rising star shooting off into the sunset after making an impression on the company that they wouldn't soon forget. Then my passcode ceased to work in the computer system. My boss called me into the office and took my keys. Terminating me on the spot. hahaha.

But! bc I had given my notice, they had to pay me. I got two great weeks off. Doing nothing, and then started my new job! good stuff!

Point (if I had one) is to take a week or two off before you start the new gig and spend it with HH. It worked for me, my new job is great! For the first time in my life I actually enjoy going to work in the morning. I am doing well and I took a chance.

Good luck Laura, and congrats again. You're going to kill! (and hopefully not just me after you see this novel sized comment!)

"Ummm....what was that middle part again?" (Kevin Klein, A Fish Called Wanda)

Blogger heather said...

honey bunny, i'm so very proud of you! funny, it's been years since we first started going on the job sites to find your perfect spot, a way to get out of dodge, and now it's here! yay! in hindsight, i think things are going just as they were meant to go. timing is everything.

i love you, i love that you worry, but no need, you ARE fantastic and you'll bring so much talent, energy and life into that new place they wont know how they ever survived without you.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't count on getting fired and being paid for the 2 weeks. That doesn't happen at TA!! I bet the place is buzzing like crazy. Maybe Tim can take over your job!!!! He can do it all. They can let everyone go and rename it Tim Andale!! What kind of marketing could you come up with for that??

Post a Comment

<< Home