...could easily replace me in all my endeavors, but you be the judge...
Tuesday, July 26, 2005
When you get drunk...I'll be the wiiiiiiiine! OH!
I'll be there for you. These five words I swear to you. Mmmm. Art. That's art man. ;) I thought some of you might like a little BJ in the morning! ;) Bon Jovi of course. Whatdyou think I meant? Hmm.

Anyway...Happy TUESDAY! I just love Tuesdays. Not Tuesdays with Morrie or Black Tuesday, but Ruby Tuesday, Love You Til Tuesday, Barely Out of Tuesday, Church on Tuesday (yeah right), Tuesday's Dead...also Tuesday's Gone...ummmmm...Tuesday Morning, Forever Afternoon (Tuesday)!

You get the point. Plus I cant think of anymore Tuesday related song names. If you can guess who sang what, then you are an expert witness on Tuesday. Connoisseur of El Martes, Mardi (in some cases, Mardi Gras), Dienstag and Martedi. I'm trying out my language skills, inspired by Stargate Jumper who is helping me brush up on my French! (errrr not that kind of French)

The purpose of this blog is divided into three.

One, I want to say that I love my friends but many of you are hurting right now. :( Wait a minute...before I continue, can I just say WTF? I mean I dont think I've known so many close people to be so utterly unhappy at one time. What's wrong with us? Ok, rant over. You could say that I know that love and relationships are hard, but that would be an understatement. I think maybe we've gotten to the point where all the hopeful advice is hard to get and hear. I find myself giving oh-so-comforting advice like, "Oh f*ck it, do what makes you happy and if you find out that aint it...do something else. Plus you should cry a lot, throw some things and prolly withdraw form the world for a few days to boot", more often that I should!

"It'll all work out." "Dont worry, time heals all wounds" "Youll meet someone better than {insert name of cause of pain} and you'll be SO happy together because you waited and you're' a good person" "You deserve to be happy...just be patient, have faith" "Hey, everyone goes through this, you're going to be fine in no time." And my favorite (de mi mami), "Hey, at least you're not lying in a pit in Iraq." ;) No matter what, pain is pain and hurtin is just a process and I suppose we all need to just feel it and do the best we can to be happy. We may not always agree with one another on what the route to happiness should be, but I know one thing, we're GD lucky to have each other. I love you guys and you mean the world to me. ALL OF YOUZ! I''ll be there for you dammit! These five...I mean six...words I swear to you! haha ;) I'm serious though, you're great! Its hard to have it all though...we'll just do the best we can. I'm convinced that I was prolly hung over or something that day in heaven when God said (in a squeaky NY bookie dialect), "Ok listen up people! this is the last round of the draft...if you picked "great friends" in the first round, early on, your choosing number will be in the 5,000,000 to 1,000,000,000 range for "true love". So ehhhhh....go ahead and get into line now and ehhh...we're gonna take a few wild cards outta the line and make sure to waltz them right under your nose so you can see them get it all and suffer." ;) Although I might have missed that whole process after I got my best friends in the first round...I think Im learning how it works and hopefully I can beat the system. I'll give ya all my trade secrets as I learn them. Slowly. In time. As my wounds heal. ;) So yeah...all's fair in love and war...and drafts. Also, I don't recall a family draft, but I guess I did ok there too. Team Lee's got a lot of players who spend quite a bit of time on the DL but DAMN if they dont come back with some
Larry Bigbie-esque force! Not to mention, damn cute like that too! ;)

Second thing...check out
Heather's blog today! It made me SO happy! Pictures! Yes, I am the clown of the hour and I obviously have issues sticking alcoholic beverage labels to my sweaty body, but look no further for proof of point #1, that I have great friends and family! Pictures to proove it! I am so happy you were able to come down HH! I'm even happier that we didn't go to the reunion! ;) Seems we had our own reunion of sorts as you got to meet my new family. Different that the Mago Vista Lee's eh? Beer and music are still staples though as you can see. Anyway-- thanks for taking pics and I had a great time. Check it out peeps!

Issue # 3 is that I love cheese. I don't say this in passing. I intend to tell you why. Cheese deserves a tribute. ;) Last night I was having some cream cheese and I thought, 'MY GOD I love cheese!" All kinds really: havarti, gouda, cheddar, pepper jack, muenster, brie, blue cheese, even gorgonzola (which Erin and I ate one time by itself on a trip to Busch Gardens with the family and my aunt told us we were freaks), cream cheese, american cheese, swiss cheese, mozzarella, parmesan (though not the shaky cheese), nacho cheese (my cheese, nacho cheese), melted cheese (oh wait is this a type?) I'm not a huge fan of feta but only cuz I ate so many Greek Salads one time I got sick...but I'd do it again it if were there or someone dared me. ;) I also like that shitty Laughing Cow cheese at the store that Nikki makes fun of me for buying. It's spreadable! How can you not like this concept?! :) asadero, cotija, queso, linberger, rondele (boursin...whatever), rochbaron, romano, camembert, goat cheese and provolone. I will say this...I dont like smoked mozzarella, or at least the kind from the Italian Market that Nikki bought. That crap tasted like a three alarm fire. I gave it to Dave. Along with Julie's (my Dad's wife) crappy pasta salad she made that one time for the girls' birthday. She made that again at the Christening last Sunday. It was a LOT better, but there were still gobs and gobs of it left over and I snuck out without having to take any home. ANYWAY, I digress...I can even handle (not alone) ricotta cheese in pasta n' stuff. I also like that cheese with stuff in it at the Giant like the horseraddish cheese or sundried tomato cheese. Goooood stuff! :)

I like cheese wheels, cubes, cheese balls, cheese in soup, on carbs of any sort, on meats...I like cheesecake, cheese blintzes, anything cheesy! I'm the cheesiest! I cant honestly think of much I wouldn't have some version of cheese in conjunction with. Try me! Name something! haha In fact I think that they should remake Willy Wonka again, but make it about cheese...where a magical man keeps a cheese making factory. That way when all the chosen children (and hopefully me) get to walk into that "Paradise Room" everything will be made of cheese and there should probably be a cheese river too...call it "Fondue" or something. Also when he has the contest, the winning tickets shouldn't be golden tickets, but cheese tickets...made of cheese!

Ok I've lost my mind. haha That was an extreme Ode to Cheese. It had to be done though...I'm sorry. I probably sound like Bubba in Forrest Gump talking about shrimps. ;) WHICH by the way I could write a whole blog on as well. So as he said about shrimps finally, "Um...ok thats about it." :)

Oh wait, I fee la forth point rising.....yow! I'm leaving for Niagara Falls tomorrow morning at the ass crack of dawn for business. My coworkers have a way of finagling vacations out of business trips. The next one is scheduled for Atlantic City, but ya know what? I've NEVER been and I dont think I want to go with coworkers. No offense Sean...but if I met you in Atlantic City, it would be with friends and you'd be considered one of them as well. So...I have it on good Canadian authority that we're going to have a good time, even though he's been there bazillion times and that we'll do all the dumb tourist stuff like the Maiden of the Mist and go gambling, etc etc and that we can even go to the American side and see how much we Yankees suck in comparison to Canadians. Cant wait. Hope that doesn't cost more than a "purple bill" in Canadian mulah though. ;) So yeah, party-on Wayne...my first trip to Niagara. I will have my lap top so I can obsessively check for your emails and comments. SO HOWZ ABOUT IT SUCKAS???

Have a good Tuesday :) Here are the answers to who sings what (in the order the songs were listed). And yes, you can bitch me out and correct me if I'm wrong. You seem to love doing that when it comes to music, so let it out man, just let it out!

Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Counting Crows, Stone Temple Pilots, Cat Stevens, Metallica, Melissa Etheridge, Moody Blues

ps: Good luck to allllll local bands with shows tonight in the DC area. Whomever you may be... ;)


6 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

Thank you so much for being my little angel last night and listening to me after the "phone call" I appreciate it and I agree- why is everyone we know so damn down right now??!! I am happy to report that that "phone call" was much needed and I feel much better and will focus on making myself feel even more better everyday.

Second- I love cheese too and you are the one that introduced me to skinny cow cheese and I just LOVE it!

Third- Maid of the Mist is actually pretty damn cool, as CHEESEY of a tourist thing it is, it's worth it. Same with that other one where you are walking under the falls in the yellow rainjackets- that's fun too!! The Canadian side does kick the American side's ass, but the whole thing is just beautiful all around. Gambling is always fun and you need to go eat at the top of the revolving restaurant on the canada side. Atlantic City is fun too, but I agree- you should go with friends like me, instead of coworkers!! And definitely hit up AC before you ever go to Vegas, since it pales in comparison.

Fourth- I love you, so glad I chose good friends in my first round draft pick over lovers..I'll get that part right eventually.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHHHH !!! Finally she is back. There is nothing like reading the LL blog. I mean who else can write a million and one words about how much she loves cheese. LOL Have fun on your trip. And remember true friends are the ones that have seen you at your worst and still love you. Your favorite OPH !!

Blogger Stargate Jumper said...

I'm glad I'm inspirering you to, erm, french. :P

When people are about to take a picture of you, do you say "cheese"? ;)

Blogger heather said...

honey bunny, i so feel you on the homage de frommage. heehee. i LOOOVE that stuff.

i thought you liked that pasta salad that julie made? you had like a zillion plates of it?!

have a GREAT time in NF and CA with S. the crows fly at midnight.

Blogger Laura Lee said...

ummm...yeah, I liked it THIS time. Last time I didnt. And I didnt have a ZILLION plates of it. Just a MILLION ;) and they were baby small plates and it was to sober up a bit to drive your ass home, after 4 hours of straight drinking and no eating! Way to expose me as a drunken pasta salad eating pig on my own blog HH!

I'm sobbing at my desk ;)

Blogger heather said...

awww haha. yes, i should have pointed out that the "plates" held all of 3 ounces of pasta salad each and i TOO had a zillion bc that shit was the bomb diggity! well, okay, maybe not THAT good but it was a tasty morsel for sure.

Post a Comment

<< Home