...could easily replace me in all my endeavors, but you be the judge...
Wednesday, August 03, 2005
I'm not toadily hoppy..but looking at the brightside...things could be warts.










I'm coming out of my cage
And I've been doing just fine
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all
It started out with a kiss
How did it end up like this?
It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss!

Now I'm falling asleep
And she's calling a cab
While he's having a smoke
And she's taking a drag
Now they're going to bed
And my stomach is sick
And it's all in my head
But she's touching his chest now,
He takes off her dress now,
letting ME go!

And I just can't look its killing me
And taking control - Jealousy
Turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis
But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes'!
Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

I'm coming out of my cage
And I've been doing just fine
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all
It started out with a kiss
How did it end up like this?
It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss!

Now I'm falling asleep
And she's calling a cab
While he's having a smoke
And she's taking a drag
Now they're going to bed
And my stomach is sick
And it's all in my head
But she's touching his chest now,
he takes off her dress now,
Letting ME go!

Cause I just can't look its killing me
And taking control - Jealousy
Turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis
But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes'
Cause I'm Mr Brightside
I never...I never...I never...

Songs of the Day:
You Belong to Me - Carly Simon
Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough - Patty Symth & Don Henley
Don't Worry Baby - The Beach Boys
Mr. Brightside - The Killers


4 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

wow. yeah. i feel loads better after that. thanks! hehe. funny we both posted song lyrics today and they're quite um...different. :)

love you sweetie, hang in there and stick with your gut. i honestly dont believe it's led you wrong yet.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First-time Novelist Constantly Asking Wife What Its Like to Be Woman:http://www.theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4131&n=3

Movie of the Day: BACK TO SCHOOL with Rodney Dangerfield

Thorton Mellon: Bring us a pitcher of beer every seven minutes until somebody passes out. And then bring one every ten minutes.

Thornton Melon: [in a commercial for his Tall and Fat clothing stores] Are you fat? When you go jogging, do you leave potholes? When you make love, do you have to give directions? At the zoo, do the elephants throw you peanuts? Do you look at a menu and say 'OK!'?

Tall n' Fat Marketing Executive: The toy division has come up with a new doll idea to go along with our children's clothing line. We call them Melon Patch Kids. Now, the competition exploits the notion that their dolls are orphans. The Melon Patch Kids are not orphans... they're abandoned! We think it's a winner.

Thornton Melon: What's your favorite subject?
Bubbles: Poetry.
Thornton Melon: Really? Well, maybe you can help me straighten out my Longfellow.

Professor Barbay: That will quite enough Mr. Mellon, maybe bribes, and kickbacks, and mafia payoffs are how you operate, but they are not part of the legimate business world, and certainly not what I will be teaching in the class. Now if there aren't any further interruptions, lets decide on where to build our factory.

Thorton Mellon (swiping his brow as if to say, "touche!": How bout Fantasyland?

Blogger Stargate Jumper said...

I love that song. But they could have spend a bit more time on the video. The dnacers "choegraphy" sucks big time. If The Killers wanted to do a video a la Moulin Rouge, they should have taken the time to do it right.

Just my 2 cents. :P

Blogger John Holland said...

I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going as good as they can. I could trot out all the cliches here, you know...things will get better, look on the bright side, etc and etc but you know them all. Maybe it's something in the water, I feel like I've been in a funk lately and just can't seem to want to to much of anything. Just hope things pick up and hope to see you on here more. I miss your postings.

Post a Comment

<< Home