...could easily replace me in all my endeavors, but you be the judge...
Tuesday, July 05, 2005
The Windtalker
Read the following paragraph in a dramatic voice. Annnnnnnnnnd, go.

There are two things that a person can do in the face of evil; overcome it, or join it. This blog is inspired by true events where a genuine hero (played by thelauralee) faces such a challenge. For the last 5 years, she has experienced horrors of humanity in the face of professional competition. Make no mistake, gossip wears a human face. It's just not humane. Those who seek to convey their pleas for help, their successes, their failures and the dangers that lie ahead...must be windtalkers.

Sooooooooooo....how am I gonna do this? Well you read between the lines. Ok?

I am SO happy!!! I had a third something today with an important somebody and it couldn't have gone better! It was at 3pm and I hadn't really prepared as much as I would have liked and I got caught up in some other issues and forgot completely until my phone rang at 3pm on the dot as scheduled. I was a bit freaked out that I was going to have to fly by the seat of my pants, but the reality of the situation is that when something is right...when you find a good fit, all you have to do is be honest, relax and have confidence that you have the ability to be a successes at whatever you're doing. That's not always easy to do, but I pulled it off with ease. She was also very soothing and encouraging. At the end she said it was the quickest and best hour of her day. :)

First of all "she", who will remain nameless, was AWESOME. I adore her and if I do get the golden egg here, I will be so excited to establish that particular relationship with her and her entire organization. She earned my admiration and respect right away. I was completely at ease and everything just flowed. I think because I didn't have time to get myself all jacked up, and just had to be calm and professional on the spot, it was actually calming and I snapped right into my element. I hadn't been like that in YEARS. I think this opportunity is SO perfect for me, from what I've learned about it from multiple people, including her, and from researching the organization and responsibilities and benefits.

I may be getting way ahead of myself, but I feel very confident that I may have found my professional fit. She went on an on about the prospects that are available to the candidate chosen and made huge implications that I would be the one to reap those benefits. I will hear from her within the week about the 4th Oracle, which will be in person, in DC. Let me just tell you all right this minute that we are celebrating in DC in a serious way baby and its best if it happens that very evening because that means I'm in like flint. She said if there's a 4th, then its more of an orientation than an interview. It's meeting the client and making sure you mesh. Everyone likes me! I'm golden! (I hope...maybe...we'll see...)

Wish I could say more, but my current situation prevents me from anything but cryptic news flashes. Armed assassins, gossips, saboteurs and back stabbers are perched all around...it's a crucial time...I will get back to you on this issue ASAP. I will give you a signal when it's time to pow wow on this again..."The crow flies at midnight...cacaw!"

Yey for me! I'm walking on sunshine! Whoa-oh! And don't it feel good?! I know you are all so proud of me! Click here to see Lindsay endorse me on this opportunity:
LINDSAY RULES!

Later Private I's ;)

ps: I suppose I should put something educational in this blog.
Here's an article on Windtalking. Happy?


13 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

the eagle flies at dusk...

roger that.

so excited for you honey bunny!!! them bitches bes' have IM if they know what's good forrem! lol. fo' rills. you tell your new best friend that, i'm she'll give it to you. bc she's your new best friend.

i'm so mad at you for that!

i wanna party with you should there be a 4th "close encounter"!!! waaaaa. damn distance. tell your new best friend to fix that too while she's at it. heh.

you know i love you.

i'm comin' out OF THE BOOTH!!!

Blogger heather said...

*i'm SURE she'll give it to you...

see, all this windtalking shit gets me all confused and stuff.

the postman's in play. french maid, it's a go.

Blogger Lindsay said...

Well seeing that excrutiatingly BEAUTIFUL shot of me on that sympatico card says it all. I couldnt' have said it better myself..or wait, did I already say it?! Windtalking makes me a bit fuzzy at times. But I think that the eagle has mother fuckin' landed on this one baby! You rock, you roll, they aren't going to know how to get you in their door fast enough. I think it's awesome that you flew by the seat of your pants and rocked that "conversation". Iiiiiii just wanna celebrate...Iiiii just wanna celebrate....

p.s. No men came pounding at my door after viewing that card of my distorted face, I repeat, no men came pounding at my door after viewing that card of my distorted face.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try not to be so jealous of my new best friend HH. If I had her picture I prolly would have included it all over the "Ooo you make me live!" blog entry, but I dont have it. Shes...incognito. It takes 5 close encounters to meet HER. Youd think I was dating her son (get it...5 encounters to meet the rents?)

Im so excited! Well Im happish I suppose for a melancholy girl that prolly wont be alive one month into the job. :( But I will just go tru da moshuns hon and hopefully iddl all tern out Oow-kay. I actually think they would suggest IM for a number of different undisclosed reasons that I cant tell you or else Id have to kill you.

Atchway what ouyay aysay on erehay, kayoay? I ontday antway to lowbay my overcay.

Stand by for confirmation on giant drinking party celebration. I want like a lot of flowers and a shiny tiara if I win ok? I think I deserve a MF crown, right?

ok..back to sulking :(

Blogger John Holland said...

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great and soon be celebrating.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im sorry Linz...I didnt think it would make you all Downsy n stuff, but once it did, boy did I sit at my desk and blue dog.

Thanks for wishing me well in that card. ;)

So were gonna jamonai if this works out huh? I need to feel good about something. Might as well be this. Word.

ps: This shindig should prolly be on me since Id be like Mommy Warbucks then, huh? ;)

(Nikki! Yul Brynner!)

Blogger Lindsay said...

Oh I'm not mad at you for putting the card out there- I thought it was pretty damn funny, even though I look RETARDED as all get out. Oh well, it's not too distorted from reality these days. Even my own F-buddy isn't calling...sorry, not trying to sound down. I'm uber excited for you and I think this is just what the Dr. ordered. Let the celebrations commence sooner than later! I'm so proud of you!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know lindsay. life is hard somtimes and we all hit ruts.

for instance...someone make me come into work today, would you?

Blogger Lindsay said...

Well I'm about to hit a huge rut and it's not going to be pretty.

I don't think you should go into work, I think I should leave work and crawl in your bed and cry all day...

Blogger Laura Lee said...

OMG you totally should! Anytime, you know that...ha...Ill be here. In fact, had I not been doin that very same thing, I would have seen your comment earlier and suggested you come over for a PP (Pity Party).

By the way...dont worry...I didnt go in. Man...we are like SO right for one another. Sheeeet!

I love you Charlie Brown Hill. Dont fall apart. Fall in half. Ill do the same. Then together we will make one whole person (or one hole? or 6 holes? oh well Im insane).

Hangin Tough, k?

Blogger Lindsay said...

Are you still on your high today? I hope so, I hope it lasts all year! Again, just so proud...proud like a mama bird who watches her babies do things on their own and not fall out of the nest while trying!

Blogger Laura Lee said...

Will you also catch worms and chew them up and throw them up into my mouth? That would be really sweet of you :)

Blogger Lindsay said...

Yup, I'd chew up and spit anything in your mouth you wanted me too. Even SEAMEN SAUCE! :)

Post a Comment

<< Home