...could easily replace me in all my endeavors, but you be the judge...
Friday, July 01, 2005
Another Friday Night And I Aint Got Nobody...
...I got some money cuz I just got paid! How I wish I had some jerk to talk to...I'm in an awful way. errrrrrr....

Ok so its supposed to be "Saturday" but I changed it a little because I am fresh out of catchy Fridayisms. ;) Let me tell you why I am online tonight at the lovely hour of 11pm. As you know, because Ive been whining about it, I dont have any concrete plans this weekend. Some of this is circumstantial, and some of it is actually by personal choice. I have just been running so much for months that I've yet to have a weekend where I have a clean schedule. This hub-bub often leads to stressful weeks with weird makeshift outfits and bizarre meal concoctions, mainly due to the fact that I've not really done my laundry or grocery shopped in ages. I am however lucky enough to have called BG&E at the 11th hour a week ago and paid our electric bill, so God bless BG&E for the power it has so graciously bestowed upon our home (for only $300).


SO...I am staying in tonight. Nikki had a date with her little man-friend, and so I came home from work around 6pm, met my sister at my house so she could borrow a bunch of crap from me to go to the beach with and then Nikki and I had the BEST dinner from Taco Hell. Now regularly, I would have felt terrible for eating this doody food, but I was good all week (starting Tuesday--hah) and especially today, and let me just tell you it was sooooooooooooo worth it! Holy Crap! (and I mean it) The new Crunchstada or Crunchwrap or whatever the hell its called is SO F-in good. I mean its almost real food (if you click on that link above, stay away from the nutritional information...its frightening). We both ate the HELL out of that thing though. Mmmmmm...so tonight started off with a mucho grande bang! Then I helped Nikki get all dolled up and she looked really pretty. :) They went out and I sat on the couch channel surfing. I realized that for the first time in MONTHS, I was sitting on my couch on a Friday night, with no plans and total solitude and I was really CALM and content. Ahhhhh...

Five minutes later I was ansty. haha So I decided to watch the new season of 6 Feet Under, but thats not enough activity for me. I need to be doing a few different things (or people) at once to even be comfortable. ;) So, I thought, "What would I do if I could do anything I wanted to do right now thats lazy and unproductive but satisfying?" And the answer came to me instantly. Play Sweet Tooth on
www.pogo.com. This is by far the most brainless yet entertaining game for me. I could mindlessly play this for hours, listening to Sirius Radio (80's and 90's Rock of course) and be as happy as a pig on a spit...errrrr..ummm...well happy! BUT (and its a big one) my laptop was broken (sigh). :( No games for Laura. Then it occurred to me that a number of smart people who know Im not that smart recommended that I reinstall my drivers, due to a number of issues Id had with spyware, a bad virus, and one bad night where I went through and deleted as many rogue programs I could identify; which in my brilliant PC repair expertise happened to include the deletion of two major utilities and drivers...thereby making my computer not even boot up without a giant IM SO MAD AT YOU FOR THAT banner popping up on the screen and shuttin thelauralee down. boo hoo. So Id spoken with a few people who'd told me that it might just be a good idea to reinstall with the CD that should have been provided by Toshiba thereby crashing my hard drive. Anyway, long boring story short, I just havent had the time to try to get in there and fiddle around with it. Im not terribly computer savvy, and I wanted to avoid any sort of tantrum, so I hadnt done it. Well tonight was as good a time as any, cuz in in the words of Styx, I've got tooooooo much time on my hands (and its ticking away with my sanity...t-t-t-t-t-too much time on my hands, t-t-t-t-t-t...)

This is the climax here (get ready): Get this bloggies...All I did was put the damn CD in, follow the directions, choose to backup my existing hard drive and reinstall. It did everything for me. NOW GUESS WHO IS SITTING AT HER $1500 LAPTOP TYPING UP A LITTLE BLOG SNACK FOR YOU RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE?! Yep! Meeeeeeeee! Yey!

I cannot tell you how self satisfied I feel about this. Not to mention-- we finally have freakin INTERNET in our home. Jeez! Welcome to this century! I luv it. :) This time I do believe Im going to get the proper internet provider and update all my virus protection and spyware before it becomes a problem. Always use protection, people. ;) As my grandmother used to say, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." That Taco Bell I ate is probably worth a pound of fat that will be on my ass by 5am, but did I tell you how good that thing was? Mmmmm crunchy!

Ok...Im off to play Sweet Tooth. I think also I might work on my tennisandals per
Tom's Homemade Sandal Challenge I promised to participate in. Dont tell my competitors, but I'm cooking up something thats going to involve an old crusty pair of Keds slip ons, some green, red and white paint, some firecrackers and possibly some nacho cheese. You see, I want my secret sandals to be like Sandal Rockets with the firecrackers (or we might just have to make it sparklers since Im a total pu55y). The theme? Mexican, naturally. The colors...obvious. The firecrackers...a staple among bored, unemployed, drunk, Mexicans (and according to my sources, Glen Burnians too), and the nacho cheese is just to complete the trifecta. Unmistakably Mexican. Ill come up with a better name too, dont worry. NOW...I promise to make these sandals and take plenty of pictures and hopefully my current shade of brown skin will just add to the image for y'all. Areeba!

Otay Buckwheat...Im out like a light. I might go to bed early too! Yippee...Im such a nerd. I think I might head to the beach with Linz and Leen this weekend afterall so I must bask in Sweet Tooth until my eyes are bleeding! Now thats relaxation baby! ;)


Have a Happy 4th of July everyone! Dont blow any appendages off with M-80s. I'm assuming youll need them all for your busy social lives. ;)


10 Comments:

Blogger Laura Lee said...

How sad that I'm commenting on my own blog...

I forgot that my favorite game was Bookworm. haha I'm really good at it too! Sweet Tooth, MahJong and Pool are for when I really dont want to use my brain at all (which occurs frequently) but I forgot how much I love Bookworm. Lets see who can beat my best score tonight: 167,560

Do it. Do it.

www.pogo.com

I'm Phreakyleemagee :)

Blogger Laura Lee said...

Hey. You'ins should go check out Johns blog from yesterday...seems none of us can let this "greatest bands ever" question go and for good reason...its a good question! Its def a fun topic.

Thanks for the props on your blog J! Now, I hope that you can respond to the "Ramones challenge" I placed upon you. Everyone who sweats the Ramones so high up on the list as to consider placing them in the top three or even near it, then same thing I told John...Give me 5 good reasons why the Ramones rock so hard. k? I need evidence please. Make em good. ;)

Go here: http://altjirangamitjina.blogspot.com/

Blogger John Holland said...

Hey, my 4th plans are even worse...I'm working. I'm off today with nothing to do but Sunday and Monday I'll be at work. On an old computer (well at the time it was a new computer to me, but this was years ago) I went about deleting everything and anything to free up memory space, well I deleted like something that basically made the computer shut off and I could not even get it to turn on anymore. Me and computers don't always get along, I think this computer has sent messages to all his computer friends that I'm a computer killer and beware of me.

Blogger Laura Lee said...

If I was working, at least Id be a LWE (thats Loser with Excuse...not that YOU are though!);) but Im a LWE(Loser Without Excuse)...hey wait a minute, they have the same initials! Ok cool, so I can just tell everyone I'm a LWE and maybe they will think I have a good reason.

Just jokin...sorry to hear you have to work and even SORRIER to hear you are technologically challenged like myself. :) Sometimes...I get mad at the remote control for being a computer of sorts and I fling it against the wall and watch it shatter. And ya know what? Then I feel better. ;) I look at the remains and says, "Im so mad at you for that."

Im so goofy today! haha I prolly dont make any sense. The good news for me is that I'm sitting here patiently awaiting to hear the feasibility of a plan that might get me to the beach for a few days starting today with ma gurlz...so we'll see. If not then I woke up early for nothing and then there will be hell to pay! That remote better look out...I'm gonna pull a Kenny Rogers on him. ;)

Chrissy Lee: (I know you hate it when I call you that). I will give your ass a call about 4th plans. We'll talk belly up options...one, two, one, two. ;) I want to see fire works and cuddle and kiss and be romantic with whomever I see them with though. You up for it? HAHAHA ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Actually...that made me sad, b/c yet again, not happening this year. :( Maybe I will just stay in, draw the shades and put in ear plugs.

The person I want to be with that night will be with someone else. Holidays blow. :o(

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Single-handedly invented punk and are the root of punk in both the US and Europe. Every punk band can trace their liniage to the Ramones.
2. 30 minutes, 20 songs, and you still walked away satisfied.
3. Listen to the Ramones greatest hits. Listen to it again. Now those songs will be with you forever. Two listens and you're infected for life.
4. You gotta be either crazy or committed to change your last name for a band. The Ramones were both.
5. Songs about sniffing glue.

Blogger Laura Lee said...

Dee Dee,

EVERY punk band? Wait...let me ask again, EVERY punk band? Were talking about the Ramones still, right?

And the last time I walked away satisfied after only 30 mintues, it did not involve the Ramones, I assure you. Plus, Im never satisfied...I'm a woman. So your reasoning and blanket assumptions are somewhat flawed. Di dyou larnabout women from listening to the Ramones?

The Ramones have a "greatist hits" album? ;) And I got news for you, I was infected for life...not by anyone named Ramone, whether he changed his named or not. Would a rose with any other name smell so sweet? That was the Ramones that wrote that right? Or no...Shakespeare...but I imagineth Shakespeare can traceth his lineage back to thy Ramones in your opinioneth.

Twenty twenty twenty four hours to goo-ho-ho...I wanna be sedated. I agree with THAT. Now, wheres my glue and my Ramones albums...I have some experiments to run...according to the great "Dee Dee" ???

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes EVERY punk band. Granted there were bands before the Ramones who deserve credit. MC5, the stooges, Television, New York Dolls, etc. They were all precursors of punk. But more in attitude than in sound. The Ramones were the band that stripped the sound down. simple, 3 chords, a catchy hook, played balls out. And that's the essence of punk music ever since.
As for a greatest hits album... I think most people would site Ramones Mania as the quintessential greatest hits collection. But look around. There are probably more Ramones compilations than actual albums.
And as for a good Ramones lyric, why not "1-2-3-4, Now I want to sniff some glue." Although that one may have been shakespeare also.
Seriously, The Ramones affected music in an enormous way. I wouldn't call them top 3 but they are hugely underrated.

Blogger Laura Lee said...

Whoa...now thats comin back with power! You win, mystery commentor, you've well defended The Great Ramones.

In the words of the sexy arteest, Mr. Austin Powers (see HH's blog), "I was just tryna get a rise out of you. You know? For shits n giggles!"

I acutally like the Ramones a lot. Fun to listen to...good for beach trips n stuff (right girls?) :) I saw them in concert about ummmm...10 years ago or so? (yikes) Maybe a little less and was ALL geared up, and sorely dissapointed and have yet to recover from that maybe (by the way the "remaining" NY Dolls are still rockin out with fierce talent even now...must be Buster, he's hot hot hot!). But, that doesnt mean The R's didnt influence everyone from Danzig to the Clash to Blondie ;)(jk)to Rancid to The Sex Pistols all the way toooooo our somewhat newbies like GREENDAY, Blink 182, Goldfingaaaa, Sum 41 (who were stuck on the OUTSIDE stage this year at HFS, but still managed to reckaniiiiize the Ramones with a quickness! and emmmm...theyre CANADIAN! my fav!) ;) And thats not even delving into the world of ska music. Many a (wo)man can thank The Ramones when they bust out doin the Skankin Pickle! If I had a dollar for everytime I drug Lindsay to a ska show (nothing hard core...heh...mainly Reel Big Fish) ;) and tried to hang out back stage...whew...Id be reeeeesh! $$$ :) So, thats kinda yer arguement Dee? No?

www.ramonesmania.com All your points are well backed up right on there by fellow glue sniffers indeed, Dee Dee...

You're so well versed in punkology and music, boy, we wish we knew who you were!

Blogger Laura Lee said...

DRAGGED Lindsay to a ska show...not drug her. whoops :)

Blogger TD said...

Well Double L, Dee-Dee got it right. Ramones are without a doubt the fathers of punk. The first punk band and the best. NY Dolls were the ones who set the stage for them, but the Dolls were rock, not punk. If you see early Ramones footage, you will notice that Joey was doing David Johansen moves. Pretty funny in fact.

One place he got it wrong though was in saying that they changed their names. They actually never legally changed them. It was just a stage thing.

Mania is without a doubt the best greatest hits available from any band. I learned how to play guitar to my copy. It is one of my prized possesions. Both because of the history and the fact that it is signed by all of the members of the Ramones. I'm talking Joey, Dee-Dee, Johnny, Tommy, Marky,and that little yuong punk C.J. !

I know I throw this around quite a bit, but did I mention that I went to rock and roll high school (a.k.a. Forest hills high)? Home of the Ramones! Gabba-Gabba-Hey!

Post a Comment

<< Home