...could easily replace me in all my endeavors, but you be the judge...
Thursday, June 30, 2005
She's Super Phreaky...YOW!
Since it’s been established that I am a plagia-writer anyway, I'm stealing Chris's stuff. BUT, before anyone named Heather or Lindsay flip out and say…”But you don’t have time to write our NYC blog?”, I will say that this is just a short layover WHILE I’m writing it. I've got a 'theme' so its not like I can just squirt it out...like this one. This is just a spurt of blog I gots ta get out, but I’m having trouble with the other one. My creativity is just…dead right now. So here are my copious thoughts (since that’s all I have the sanity to pull together right now). List format. Random. Heeeeeeeeeere we go.

1. Chris was right in
his blog about him being the hilarious comic relief in our family. ALTHOUGH, beware those who let him know what tweaks your nerves, hurts your feelings or triggers that thing inside of you that makes you laugh uncontrollably during 10 o'clock Mass while your mother looks at you like you are going to get the beating of your life in the car on the way home...meanwhile he's got a straight face. So you're the only one in trouble. Forget playing outside or meeting with friends or watching football with dad. You're reading the missalette from that oh-so-funny Mass, in your bedroom, alone, with B104 FM playing on your pink Sony (with headphones)...one headphone on, so you can hear if she comes to the door to check and see if you've read the missalette in its entirety and if so, exactly which part is funny? (but I’m not bitter...haha)

Her: so what was so funny about the LITURGY OF THE EUCHARIST today, Laura Michelle Lee? (Oh God no! not the Liturgy of the Eucharist! I should have done it during the Liturgy of the WORD! yikes!)
Me: Nothing (let me tell you..."nothing" will get your ass whooped, but so will, “Chris was making me laugh at how Fr. S says, ‘…Jesus said to his disciples, take this bread…and eat-TIT…’ when he holds the bread up to bless it. Get it mom? TIT?”)
Her: Well there's a place for people who laugh at nothing. It’s called Crownsville Mental Hospital.

Yeah…don’t I know it? I'm on the waiting list.

2. Someone at work used my French Dressing, all but a tablespoon.

:( (It was "Saucy French" too). Its bad enough I had to have this giant salad for lunch while everyone else eats stuff that smells like pizza warming up (still unidentified), but now I have a tablespoon of salad dressing to use. The highlight of this salad has now become the few tiny pieces of smoked gouda that I put in the salad to "excite myself". Its not low fat cheese, but damn, smoked gouda is GOOD. It’s my treat, ok? How sad is that? One good thing about smoked gouda, besides the taste, is the fact that Nikki doesn’t like it. So, I can nurse a wheel for a little while undisturbed except by thelauralee. And it like never molds. haha Nikki, just so you know though, you’re always welcome to anything I’ve got there, even the cheese...especially the salsa (here is your chance to comment on your feelings about me and salsa).

3. I want to change my cell phone number.

4. No one has emailed me today :( Not one person. Well…Cingular emailed me my bill. Thanks Suckular!

5. Oh wait, Lindsay emailed and told me she really wasn’t mad about the sacrilegious Jesus comment I made on her blog. whew.

6. Please sign up for Chris's Fantasy Football League. It will be really fun and we'll do the draft at a party at my house or something. "I'll host", as they say in the world of the integrity challenged (I figured if I spoke Craigslist-ease maybe I would be able to communicate more clearly with some of my readers). tee hee, just kiddin. Anyway, sign up. I don’t know how to do it either but its easy and there are directions on there and most of us love football anyway, so do it luvahs. It will mean the world to the Lee’s. Lee rules! (“O’Doyle rules!”)

7. This week has been pretty flippin below-average for me except two things (I will make them #’s 8 and 9, but #10 will be bad…sorry). I have a pounding headache from being a crybaby. I'm trying SO hard to be positive and upbeat, for me, for all my friends and family and I think I have just started to stumble a lot lately. It sounds so trite, but I really am just SAD (here...see? click on
SAD) I am just one big ball of despondent gouda (smoked).

8. I will be vague here, as I like to maintain a certain level of deniability regarding just about everything, but my big interview went very very well this morning. I was roughly prepared, because I'm not very schooled in a number of the functions this company performs, but I will tell you this...they are huge. Global. More than global...they are practically universal. They have offices on Mars. I bet they'll assign me to one of those. Anyway, it’s a big-deal position, and I did very well, though she was a hell of an interviewer. Probably the best interview I’ve ever had or even prepared for (and I have a PR degree! I’ve been run through the ringamaroo!), not so much because of my performance but the combination of her interviewing skills and my ability to dance motherf*cker dance motherf*cker dance! She got down to business, she asked all the right questions, some of them were difficult, some were repetitive but that’s a tactic. I felt I only did on the better end of "okay" but at the end she softened like butta, thanked me profusely, told me I gave an EXCELLENT interview and then proceeded to set up a third interview with the big cheese (hopefully gouda). So I made it to the 3rd Oracle. I'm Artreyu and I've practically stopped "The Nothing". Now I can stop riding that big white scaly dog-dragon thingy with the freaky Santa Claus-esque booming voice, right? Now before you think THIS is The Neverending Story...I'll move on. Anyway, good stuff. I think it’s looking good. It will mean loads more responsibility, hours, less blogs, no instant messenger (I know I know…calm down) and a mother-lover of a learning curve. Good news is I will have a buttload of skills. Guys only like chicks with skills, so.... ;) (I know you didn’t miss that lil Napoleon reference now did ya?)

9. Last night I was SO sluggish and downcast, that after I ate my healthy dinner for eighty, I'd planned to get started on cleaning up my bedroom which was yet again...a flippin disaster. I've come to the conclusion that I have problems getting up for work, coming home from work and sleeping when my room is in disarray. It's weird. It’s like the last line of defense has been compromised. Nikki was right. When you bring order to your life with simple things, it helps. SO...my plan was, go to work at Curves, barely make it two loops around the circuit, go to Giant and pick up 3 of my 400 prescriptions I don’t need to be on, buy a few items for good eating this week and next, come home, cook, eat, talk to Nikki and THEN clean my room, start some laundry and clean the Lord of the Rings out of my toilet. Around 10pm I decided it was as good a time as ever to go up and lay on the bed. That’s how I like to get started. ;) Nikki heard my groans and whines and said: “I'm helping you.” I object with a short whine, “Nooooo...its ok.” She says, “Um…yes. 10 minutes I’ll help. Get up.” Next thing I knew, she was giving me simpleton jobs and the amazingly productive (and sexy) tornado that is NIKKI cleaned my whole room and organized my closet and my laundry was sorted and my bed was made and all my bathroom crap was put away and I was unpacked from the weekend! That girl ROCKS! I mean I didn’t lay there and watch her, but holy cannoli! She is a cleanin FOOL! I went down, cleaned my bathroom, put a load of laundry in, took a shower and went up to bed to read over some of my interview stuff. She even offered to start waking me up for work in the morning and making sure I was out of bed before she left and on my way to the shower. She did wake me up this morning, after a good nights sleep of depression induced night terrors (my usual), and I was good to go today! I was almost on time for work. haha 8:18am! ahhhhh…THANK YOU NIKKI!!! Now can you alphabetize my CDs? jk...thank you-- love you sweetie...I needed that SO bad and you could tell, and you helped me and I am so appreciative. Thanks also for the interviewing refresher!

10. MY SHIFT BUTTON STICKS AND IT MAKES ME TYPE IN ALL CAPS AND THEN I HAVE TO GO BACK AND REWRITE STUFF AND ITS SO ANNOYING> I CANT EVEN GET A NEW KEYBOARD UP IN THIS JOINT> THIS IS MY SECOND ONE> ALSO MY MONITOR GOES REALLY DARK SOMETIMES> I TOLD THE COMPUTER GUY AND HE SAID< "SORRY THEY ARE # YEARS OLD WHAT DO YOU EXEPCT?"> SO??? I EXPECT MY PC TO WORK FOR ONE! URGhhh, is this a business or not? Whoops, there we go...shift key released. ;)

11. I'm in a creative slump. I hate that. I feel so useless.

12. This list is negative. See #11 for why its not funny.

13. I have no 4th of July plans. I had some. Those plans called me at 8am this morning to cancel because I'm not enough fun and my plans don’t want to have to baby-sit me. :( Whatever. Someone ask me to do something. Puweeease? I don’t have any olive branch invitations as of yet…(or emails)

14. Homer Simpson is sooooooooo funny. I mean like idiot savant funny. hehe

15. My 10 year reunion is soon and certain PEOPLE wont stop bugging me about going. So I'm going. Begrudgingly, but one of those certain peeps said we could both wear, 'I’m with stupid <----' shirts where the arrows point at one another, and tell huge lies so I guess I'm ok with that. I'm posting our IM convo in the comments section for your entertainment. So to all you hizookers callin me asking me to step it up and go (I dunno WHAT FOR), I'm going. Are you happy now, Romi and Michelle? (Not you Michele with one "l"…I know you read!) ;) Now I need to find a way to earn the $65 for the overpriced ticket. Any suggestions? ;)


16. My dad DOES eat weird stuff (see Dizzinators blog). Its a little disturbing at times, but it can also be exciting. I kind of want to be with a man that would eat just about anything I think. ;) (ewwwwwwww my god you said that right in the same paragraph as you were talking about your dad)

17. I hate the Barenaked Ladies, Gin Blossoms, Spin Doctors and the Macarena. I hate UB40 too.

18. The latest liner on the JACK is too funny: “Hold on a minute…I thought the wife and kids were in New Jersey!…But it sounds like the BOSS is playing on Jack 102.7 FM?!” (...segue into Hungry Heart by Springsteen!)

Ok, 18 is sufficient...Later Taters (check out my songs! woopie! uplifting, eh?)

Songs of the Rant:
Just Breathe (2am) - Anna Nalick
Look What You've Done - Jet
Best of My Love - The Eagles


10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Laura,
Do you remember the time in church with the "LORD hear our pray.... Lord HEAR our pray.... Lord hear OUR pray". I think it was New Year's Eve when we went to 5:15 mass on Saturday night (and got it out of the way so we could party and not have to get up New Year's morning and go). Your blog reminded me of that. Good times.
Count me out on the reunion. My July is booked solid and even if I was free I don't have $65 to pay for it. Maybe we can have our own reunion (some weekend when my parents go out of town..... wait we are too old for that). Seriously, we should get together and catch up. Although I do enjoy just reading the blog, a conversation would be cool too.

Blogger heather said...

i'm with stupid------------------->

LL you crack my ass up. I guess that actually means you essentially crack my crack. Thereby making my crack bigger. Ouch.

loved numba 12. laughed out loud. then read it again.

Blogger Laura Lee said...

Well Hello, Michele with one "l"!

I read your comment last night on my phone (which is the size of a 'now 33% bigger' Tic Tac) and I was sitting on my bed in a towel and scratching myself profusely (I'm trying to set the mood here). Actually...just to clear that up, I will say that Nikki mowed the grass and I gardened a bit (including trying to rearrange the orange mold that is growing on our 'oh-so-wonderful' cocoa shell mulch) and I had to take a shower. The scratching was b/c last week I got a weeeeeeeee bit of a sunburn on my upper arms and now I'm sluffing. haha Ok ANYWAY...I read your comment and wheeeeew! Blast from the past you lil Vista girl you! It made me laugh. You know what Michele? I'm no more mature now at age 28 than I was then (15?). Can you tell from my blog? I prolly would still laugh at Fr. 'you know who' saying.."take this bread and eat-TIT." So, I would UNDOUBTEDLY enjoy mocking the Prayer of the Faithful as well (Lord hear our PRAYER!).

Thanks for the reminder. :) I couldnt help but wonder how freaking hard our parents Catho-whipped us into going to mass on New Years Eve though!? What is THAT about? I forgot how freakin Catholic we were. You see...I thought this was normal since most of my friends were RC too. Its really refreshing to discovewr though that we are NOT in fact normal at all. ;) I mean think about it...we gather in the dark, we chant, we kneel and stand and kneel and stand (and some people, not me, would rest their butts on the pew during kneel-time) and we all get in this long line and walk like zombies to consume something that we believe has transformed into FLESH and BLOOD. If you ask me...compared to THAT, the people at Jonestown look pretty GD normal! Anyway, I digress...

Thanks for your comment! You should comment a lot b/c I like TIT...i mean, IT. ;)

You won't miss anything at the reunion I doubt unless Gay Ray finally got implants and maybe waxed his eye brows. Maybe Duckie will be there and then I can rehash how we were best friendsfor years until we slept together and then we werent anymore. Good times. One short little story about that you might recall...once we did hook up, things got weird once we stopped and all my friends were pissed off, and one day Nikki and Lindsay went to his door with me (were you there?) to hang out and I'd made them SWEAR not to say anything regarding what had happened and what a dick he'd been about it b/c I was trying to pretend that it didnt bother me and i wasnt upset, and they were just mad and welp...halfway into the conversation on his porch, Nikki blurted something like: "You have a small dick!" I cant recall exactly but I almost died. haha I looked at him like, "???". I dont think that helped the situation any. ;) We've since "reconciled" in case you were worried though;). In fact he was at our house before the last reunion and we chatted about it and he profusely apologized and asked me if I was cool. (FIVE YEARS LATER, if I werent I would be a headcase! oh wait...haha) He's still a stoner. We shall see if he managed to stay on the wacky tabacky for 5 more years (fingers crossed.

Congratualtions on your upcoming nuptials girlfriend! I'm looking forward to it. Lindsay and I are gonna Jamonai! :) I read your blog too...your wedding blog thingy. You guys look so happy. :) Dont worry...I'm not thinking any negative thoughts about marriage n all since I will be and old spinster with 40 cats. ;) We should get together sometime when our schedules settle down though because I want to tell your hubby-2-B (Joe) all about what a nut you were and about our Myrtle Beach trip, and the party you had on the last day of 11th grade (oh yeah I said it!) and your 18th B-day party when you fell down the steps and we took pictures of you crying (I still have them...I think I'll bring them!) and how we put all that broccoli and lunch meat all over your cousin who was passed out and messed with your brother, and the list goes ON AND ON but heres the kicker...I'm gonna tell him about Teegra and Bunny. You know why? Because we're Teegra and Bunny and we like to groove. ;) haha

Hang in there in the last weeks leading up to the insanity that is a wedding. Keep your feet warmers on...marriage is like, lots of fun n stuff...ehem. ;)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I am definitely looking forward to you meeting Joe.... little scared...(wow I haven't used that phrase in a long time).

Speaking of falling down the steps.... I fell down the steps at mom and dad's about a month ago (not the basement steps the regular straight steps from the bedrooms to the main level).... really screwed up my shoulder.... had to get an MRI (that sucked).... I torn the tendon that connects my bicep to my shoulder ... Stupid, I mean I am how old, I danced for how many years, and I can't walk down steps... Stupid....

I don't know if you noticed Joe and I are getting married in a Lutheran Church. It is a really great church (not dark, and no kneelers). Joe was raised Southern Baptist. He went to mass with me and thought it was a cult, I went to service with him and thought the same thing. We spent 6 months going to every church in Annapolis trying to find a middle ground and found this one that we both really liked. Its format is similar to mass and its sermons are very evangelical which Joe loves....AND the bread and wine.... It's a symbol.....

Anyway, can't wait to see you and Lindsay..... It should be good times. Oh and by the way, Crownsville closed and sent all its wackos to Springs Grove.... in case you want to admit yourself :)

Blogger Nikki W*j*hn said...

I'm lactose intolerant. I don't want your stinking gouda cheese!

Blogger Nikki W*j*hn said...

There is so much salsa in my house. I think there is about 847 tomatoes that died just to please Laura for this weeks consumption of salsa. For someone who makes so much fun of Mexican, you sure act like one. :)

Blogger Nikki W*j*hn said...

You alllllllll laughed at me about the organization thing when you're depressed. But I have to say, I think Laura is a believer now. All you need is someone to help you get on track. After that, it just becomes second nature. But hey, people say that about working out and going to the gym and it NEVER became second nature for me. The only that comes second nature for me is getting dessert.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris.... I still live in Spriggs Cove (with mom and dad .... sad ... I know)... what are you implying?

You play basketball with Duckie? Isn't he like 4 foot tall?

Blogger Laura Lee said...

Oh Jeez-- I forgot that you were my BROTHER. Oh well..its the risk you take being on my blog. Sawwweeeee! I'd PREFER it if you didnt talk to him about it of course. Oh and slip in there that I'm like SO hot now. Lie ok?!

And I'd also prefer for people to not know his name but TOO LATE!

We sure made it through that family eh?

MICHELE...Ducky isnt 4 foot tall.hahaha! You're EMBARRASING me in front of my audience! ehem...

If I could take it back I would. In the words of Mouth in Goonies..."I'm takin em back! I'm taking em ALLLLL back!"

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is not TINY! haha

why am I defending this? I'm so torn!

ewwww my god.

Post a Comment

<< Home