...could easily replace me in all my endeavors, but you be the judge...
Thursday, March 24, 2005
Wassa matta you? Why you looka so sad? Issa not so bad. Issa nicea place. Ah, shuddapa ya face!
Hola everyone! I hope you all still love me even though I left you high and dry…fingers crossed (lip bite). It’s true…I dropped the blog, and it opened up my eyes, I dropped the blog (life is demaaaanDING, without understaaaanDING)!

But I realized …no ones gonna drag you up to get into the light where you belong people! ;) Did you guess the song? I know you did because you’re all losers and used to listen to it and you know it. Ace of Base lovers.

Ok, so Licky dropped the flippin blog (booooooooooo!!!) I tossed and turned all night thinking about all the people who waited with baited breath to see what thelauralee would have to say yesterday and they waited and waited and then prolly cried when it never came. Oh no wait…I have insomnia, that’s why I’m not sleeping. I forgot. I considered popping on at quarter of twelve last night just to write the word, “blogged” on yesterday’s entry to be a smart ass and so I didn’t actually break the blogathon streak. But alas…I decided to unpack all 400 of my bathroom boxes and listen to Tenacious D (at a unusually high volume for 11 o’clock at night) instead. That CD makes me laugh so flippin hard every time I hear it. I’m burning copies of it off today to give away to random strangers on the street. Its so freaking offensive, I love it! I want to send my mom a copy and see what she does when she hears it. She’s the kind of person though who would listen to it “because is has a jazzy beat” and never listen to the words (much like Tom’s “p*ssy p*ssy p*ssy, marijuana” lyrics incident in the store that one day). She’s clueless. You can’t miss it with these dudes though. Anyway, I’m sooooooooooo sorry bloggies. I didn’t realize I had so many loyal fans! I thought I’d lost you all when I went DARK and not funny two weeks ago and got all ‘Gollum’ on you. “Yesssss…my precious….” But see? I’m back to blogging about nothing ;)

So you’ll be happy to know I broke my flippin finger last night and it flippin hurts! GOSH!!! I’m a hunt n’ pecker as it is ;) but I can only hunt and peck with a limited amount of digits today so this is going to take a while. I’m not positive that it’s broken, but I’m fairly sure. It looks like a hotdog and it has a heartbeat. It hurts all the way up my arm. I did it at Curves last night. Working out on the equipment hard? NO. Running indoors. See kiddies, when your parents said: don’t run inside the house, it WAS for your own good. Especially those of us with no depth perception. Anyway, the phone was ringing off the hook and the other woman I was working with thought for sure it was the owner (there was a bunch of BS drama yesterday b/c the general manager quit without notice so everyone is going apeshit) and she says, “RUN! Get it!” Well I was working out with someone at the time (doing their first work out) and I took off running off the recovery pad (apparently dizzy) to go grab the phone off the front desk and BAM! My FLAILING arm had a head on collision with the handle bar of the butt machine (you know the one where you put your foot on it and push back? Officer People Hater…what’s that machine called?) Anyway, death trap. I had to pretend I was ok and laugh it off for the members because it was the crack heard round the world (or around Burwood Plaza at least) You should have seen the woman’s face who was ON that machine. She looked offended. haha GD!! owwwwweeeeee :( I had to try and do a lot last night with just my right hand. hahaha ;) I mean unpacking my bathroom you perverts.

This morning it was stiff swollen and, waaaa! I need this hand. I have a lot to do! We were gonna hang my curtains tonight! Nikki, you now have a gimp assistant (not that I’m not anyway). I think I’m out on the wine n’ martinis though, because I already have a handicap. Sorry honey.

Last night I laughed so hard with potato in my mouth and it did not go flying everywhere. Nik and I were talking about who our favorite actors were over a big fat Kielbasa (thank baby—very yummy) and we decide to go into the “weird but hot” category briefly and she says, “do you know who I think is hot but no one else does prolly?” and I said, “JEFF GOLDBLUM!” Laugh #1 ensued, as we then quoted lines from Earth Girls Are Easy and Vibes! “Why dance with a hero baby, when you can dance with a ZERO!” haha Then she tells me the following (and maybe you had to be there, but even as I write this I am cracking up…it was hilarious). She says very seriously:

“Ok I think this guy is so hot and it’s how I realized I had a thing for HAIRLIPS, and that’s Joaquin Phoenix.”

Potato almost shot all over. I needed the hiennylick maneuver. I was breathless. YOU HAVE A THING FOR HAIRLIPS???? That was the part that was funny. So her face is blood red and she’s fighting back potato spraying as well. Funn-eeee! Good times at our house. Good dinners too! So far we’ve had beef stir-fry (I made that-yey) and rice, crab florentine stuffed salmon and olive oil and garlic couscous (I bought the salmon already stuffed and on sale, so don’t get too excited) and then the piece de resistance…Nikki made turkey kielbasa with green peppers and onions, lima beans, and a whacky potato combination that was awesome (balsamic vinegar, old bay, hairlip) hehe…

So I am all over the place with this blog today, so why not skip topics? The Love Actually soundtrack is awesome. If you don’t have this and you have boobs, you have to get it. It’s a chick flick CD but it really is very good. I am going to pay tribute to it in my “songs of the day” category, but first I’d like to highlight Eva Cassidy. She was actually from Bowie, Maryland, I believe, and she did a lot of cover songs and wrote some of her own with her “life partner”. It was a guy, but they never got married, because they never felt the need to take it there, their relationship was great the way it was. They wrote songs together…she wrote the music, sang and played guitar, he wrote the lyrics, recorded and managed her. Her music is beautiful. She has a beautiful voice, she was a very lovely woman. She very suddenly developed melanoma that killed her in a very short period of time at a very young age. That’s so sad. I think it’s so romantic that they wrote together. He still does tributes to her and what not. See I need that…I am Bernie Taupin looking for my Elton John. Let’s make beautiful music together whoever you are! ;) Come to mama! Anyway, like the great Karen Carpenter, Eva Cassidy’s music lives on. Track #6 on the Love Actually Soundtrack is hers…it’s called Songbird. It’s a sweet song. My favorite song of hers is Say Goodbye though. It’s so human. Check it out!

Anyway…that’s enough commentary out of me for right now. Two things though that make me SO happy! The girls started crawling last night! Really crawling. Not scooting, army crawling or rolling from one location to another. My dad said he took down Julie’s old Raggedy Anne doll and McKenna saw it and took off to beat Cameron to it. That’s ma gurl! Then Cameron started crawling. It’s amazing how it just happens that fast. Just like that. My dad said Julie cried…two of them just crawling all over the place. What a blessing they are. There are some new pictures up on the website for those of you who have the address. I’m not giving it out on here though (sorry!) One, it’s not mine, it’s theirs and they are babies and I don’t want anyone to kidnap them because I put the link on my blog and two, there are some ugly picture of me on there! haha I am so vain. Vain Vulture (member Sweet Pickles?)

The other thing is…I never told you the name that Heather and Craig picked! It’s Lindsay Kate Charpiat. That’s Lindsay with an “A”, just like you Linz. :) She showed me a picture and Lindsay looks like Heather. Sweet. She’s so happy.

Ok…that’s enough of me sweatin babies so hard…next thing you know I’ll be sayin how much I like dogs and other small animals too and we all know that’s not true. ;)

Later peeps! This might be the last blog until after the holiday because I have off tomorrow WOOPIE!!! Have a VERY Happy Easter everyone and don’t forget that Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior….not the Easter Bunny. k?

Love!

Songs of the Day: (bear with me, we have lots of them today!)
White Flag - Dido
Say Goodbye – Eva Cassidy
This Love – Maroon 5
Both Sides Now – Joni Mitchell
The Trouble With Love – Kelly Clarkson
Jump (for my love) – The Pointer Sisters (Jump in!)
High n’ Dry - Radiohead
God Only Knows – The Beach Boys (I once heard this was the greatest love song ever written…Brian Wilson’s masterpiece. If you really listen though, I think he’s threatening to kill himself if the chick ever leaves him. That’s romantic.)
Annnnnnnnnd…(last but not least)
Shuddapa Ya Face! – Joe Dolce
The Sign – Ace of Base

ps: oh yeah and...HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY NIKKI!!!! (this Saturday)...more to come...


12 Comments:

Blogger Nikki W*j*hn said...

I can't believe you found a place to write about "Shadda uppa your face!"

In my defense, I think the hairlips are sexy only on CERTAIN men (never on women). The person has to be hot in other ways to begin with. If you put a hairlip on Steve Bucemi I still wouldn't find him hot/sexy.

Blogger Nikki W*j*hn said...

And I agree, the Love Actually Soundtrack is a must own. I listened to it OVER and OVER around Christmas time when I burned it from L.L.

Blogger Laura Lee said...

Shuddapa ya hairlip!

Blogger Nikki W*j*hn said...

I don't want to put this on my blog, so it's going to go on yours:

Nihilism is the belief that all values are baseless and that nothing can be known or communicated. It is often associated with extreme pessimism and a radical skepticism that condemns existence. A true nihilist would believe in nothing, have no loyalties, and no purpose other than, perhaps, an impulse to destroy.

While few philosophers would claim to be nihilists, nihilism is most often associated with Friedrich Nietzsche who argued that its corrosive effects would eventually destroy all moral, religious, and metaphysical convictions and precipitate the greatest crisis in human history.

In the 20th century, nihilistic themes--epistemological failure, value destruction, and cosmic purposelessness--have preoccupied artists, social critics, and philosophers. Mid-century, for example, the existentialists helped popularize tenets of nihilism in their attempts to blunt its destructive potential.

By the end of the century, existential despair as a response to nihilism gave way to an attitude of indifference, often associated with antifoundationalism.

Blogger Laura Lee said...

Ok...I know where you are going with this nihilist thing... it's extreme.

Let's just stick it to the Big Lewbowski..."oh him? He's a nihilist...I'll suck your [bleep] for a thousand dollars?"
-Bunny Lewbowski

Blogger Laura Lee said...

LeWbowski=Lebowski

whatever...sorry...I have a sausage finger. Need typing wand.

Blogger Nikki W*j*hn said...

Typing wand or a Helper Monkey?

Blogger Laura Lee said...

both. helper monkey with typing wand. monkeys need help too.

people have been asking which finger is mangled. oddly, it's the ring finger on my left hand. my pinky is tired of being taped to it already. they don’t make good companions and i cant tape it to the middle finger, b/c she’s so independent. She like to RISE to the occasion often. ;) ok i am losing my mind...im out.

ps: why am i commenting on my own blog with my ROOMMATE again???

Blogger Claudine said...

Whoever does not like the Love Actually soundtack should be tied down and forced to listen to it. Hmmm, maybe that wouldn't help the cause...

Blogger TD said...

You've been good with the songs of the day Laura. Wow. Really good stuff. Really got to me. Such beautiful lyrics. I have never heard the love actually soundtrack.....Hair lips are kinda nasty.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be the Glute Machine. How many times do I have to tell you not to play with you ass, it can be dangerous !!! LOL Glad to know that you are having such a good time replacing me at Curves.

Blogger Laura Lee said...

A note to you all...

Way to not sign your name People Hater (scuze me...OFFICER People hater...ten HUT!) I am not replacing you, no one could ever accomplish such a feat. Basically they are LEFT with me. I am the only one who hasnt quit or threatened to. So far I LOVE the job, and I am a lazy ass bitch with no work ethic so whooda thunk it???

Finger still smashy. :( Got a manicure and pedicure today though. So it's smashy but pretty ;) Glute machine--- yes thank you. Well that bitch broke my finger. It ran right into me! As for playing with my ass...looks like it'll be a job for the "righty" for a lil while!

Claudia...today I tied someone down and forced them to listen to the Love Actually soundtrack and it's so weird...now were in love. At least he SAID he was, as he was crying for me to turn off "Jump (for my love)". I dunno...seemed genuine. ;)

Tommy--thanks for the compliments on my song choices. I love me sum music kiddo...all kinds. I've decided that broken hearts are not only unmerciful...they are universal. Take for instance Cheryl Crow. She's beautiful, talented (singing, writing and playing guitar and apparently even stiches her own leather pants). YET, she is not spared. That bitch has had her heart TORN TO SHREDS! Check out her lyrics. Shes scorned I tell you. It's not just her. Apparently, having a tortured soul makes for quite the creative edge. Does for me :) Though I think we'd all agree that my talent is better when I am happy. I have a HUGE talent. Touch my talent...go on...touch it ;)

Me so sleepy. Bubye y'all. Thanks for the comments peeps!!! Keep em comin!

Post a Comment

<< Home