...could easily replace me in all my endeavors, but you be the judge...
Friday, March 11, 2005
Omaha Styleeeeeeeeee!!!
ok, ok...so I thought I would pop back on for two reasons:

1) To let you know I was A-ok! Meltdown over. Of course I am sure I could muster up another one for tomorrow's move...actually, I'm not sure...I'm pretty spent ;) This afternoon, after some running around (oh and I slipped at the Glen Burnie post office and tried to brace myself with a pile of "welcome to your new home" mover's packets and papers went fluttering everywhere...I swear I am such a comic strip character!) Jeanna and my aunt, Jeannie, came over and we did some mad packing and some bonding too! I feel so much better. This place is still a friggin disaster, but as I sit here pecking away on my blog for some relaxation, my asshole neighbors are having a loud party (and they will surely have loud sex later) and yet I smile...because I know tonight is my last night in this dump. Goodbye Glen Burnie! Goodbye asshole neighbors! Goodbye old memories! Goodbye OLD LIFE! Hello fresh start! :) Erin is on her way over to spend the night. Its a blessing too because I don't want to be alone tonight...not tonight. I was in the new house earlier this evening and a few things happened...nothing out of the ordinary for me. First thing I did was track dog shit in the house on the new carpet. CHECK! Then, I went to find a liquor store so I could load that bitch up before we all collapse tomorrow after the move. We have SO MUCH BEER! Woo hoo! As Homer would say! I carried so much liquor in (plus Nikki is bringing a case of Yuengling and a case of Miller Lite) as well as the mandatory gingerale. :) I'd brought a few pictures into the new place that I didn't want to get screwed up in the move and as I stood back and looked at my brand new empty bedroom...I felt so good and hopeful. I can't wait.

2) Everytime I got in the car today, I heard 311. It was really annoying. I thought, "what the hell is this resurgence of 311? What a dumb band to bring back! 311 alll sounds the same." Welp, I FINALLY figured it out. It's 3-11! March 11th that is. Today was a special day for their fan. That's singular. And it's Lindsay. Everybody jog!

Night all. I am going to pass out hard...for the last time at 6368 D.

Thanks to all the people who helped today, physically, emotionally, spiritually. ;) Catch y'all on the flip side next week. The CANADIANS are in town starting Monday! yippie! I'm going to be smashed with my sweetie Sean until Wednesday. What could be better than hanging out with an interesting, funny and extremely witty Cannuck who is slightly senior at work and therefor "seasoned" (and here's the kicker...) who can not only keep up with my drinking, but maybe surpass me. Canadians are insane! Love em. Will letcha know how it goes!

Peace :P


3 Comments:

Blogger TD said...

OMG! I can post a comment!!!! WTF has been up with blogger anyway? So here goes. Congrats Laura. I am happy to hear that you are feeling so positive. Second, did you call me a hand job giving helper monkey?Tommy need sleepy?!? I have a suspicious eye on that post babe. you could have named him Bucky, Jimmy, Stevie or Sam, but you chose Tommy! hahaha. Well, this helper monkey was ready to come to the burn late tonight to help. I was happy to hear that you found the cavalry.I hope there are no Oglala's in the distance behind them. Let me know when the housewarming blowup jizam will be.

Blogger heather said...

i share in the excitement that is finally being able to post comments. woohoo!

laura, i am so glad things are looking up for you and your spirits are higher and positive. i was really worried about you. i wish more than anything that i could be down there with you, but it sounds like you're in good hands. cant wait to see your new place, i'll come down real soon.

love you!

Blogger Geekbird said...

PROJECT GEEKBIRD WANTS YOU...

GEEKBIRD.BLOGSPOT.COM

Post a Comment

<< Home