...could easily replace me in all my endeavors, but you be the judge...
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Vacation, all I ever wanted...
Ok, first things first...is 10:47 too early for lunch? ;)

I'm bored out of my gourd. EVERYONE and I mean everyone I work with including the client is on vacation for 2 weeks. Of course I can't do anything, at least not anything important, so I'm just passing the time and suffering severe ennui (that's "boredom", just in case you're not Eric).

I am so ready to blow this popsicle stand for the day and it's before noon. I don't even have much to say to you except report in that yes, I am in fact still here and yes, I am very idle. Let's see, what's new with thelauralee?


My return flight from Des Moines was very Desmoinesy. First of all I was hungover as hell and the flight was at 6:55AM. The new airport restrictions required me to somehow rise from a drunken stupor, face down in my underwear, in order to catch my 5am cab that I called while trashed off my ass the night before. Apparently, that evening I'd also entered the family club suite where they serve "hot snacks" and drinks until 10pm, stumbled over to the food area and managed to score 4 meatballs with sauce in a bowl, and then escape WITH the bowl past the girl manning the desk (who was all of 18 years old) and to my room. The next morning, next to the bar area in my room was the same bowl of said meatballs, but there were now only 3 meatballs in the bowl. Oh and a lot of sauce slung all over the wall, the lamp shade, the ice bucket, and somehow...the shower curtain. All I can say is...I don't know. I found 1/4 of a meatball on the floor near the door. So I'm left to assume that I consumed 3/4 of a giant saucy meatball (apparently in every square inch of the suite I was staying in) before passing out. How disgusting. And this was a BUSINESS TRIP! Every trip to Des Moines I promise myself I am NOT flying back drunk. Yet I've yet to remember ANY business trip where I've flown back without a hangover. How nice that must be to have a comfortable flight. I wonder if I will be like that on the way back from MY vacation. Probably not. Not on my dollar. haha

I guess you wouldn't believe it but those corn-fed peeps out there in the great state of Iowa can drink your ass under the table. They certainly can drink me under the table. Literally. I'm feeling the fact that I'm nearly 30, more and more every day. To be more specific, every time I get hammered. And it was BUD LIGHT DRAFT too....eww. Anyway, so that's my return flight story. I don't remember much beside trying to keep down the big technicolor yawn and trying to sleep. No one sat next to me (or behind me) though so that was nice. Probably nice for the passengers as well.

So I got home from a very flat but enjoyable Iowa ("Go State!" as they say) on Thursday. Friday morning, David and I left for Ohio. See, I'm on a tour of all states where the night life is really kickin. ;) One of his best friends got married this past weekend and I was a guest. It was a beautiful wedding and very emotional (at least for me). I still find weddings take a lot out of me. I just hope that these people really think about what they are doing and I do wish them the very best in their lives. I don't mean 'these people' as in Dave's friends, I just mean these people who marry one another every day. They have these big beautiful weddings and stand up there and make their promises and then walk down that road, hopefully together. Of course these friends of his were about 30. That's probably the best time to get married...close to 30, since you have a better grasp on who you are by the time you're 30. So yeah, erm, that's my wedding advice for the day. haha You're gonna want to write that one down. ;) Anyway, it was beautiful and had an open bar. To me, that's perfection. Dave's friends are all a lot of fun and every time I see them, there are great laughs to be had. They are so tight knit, it feels like a cool clique I finally got picked to be in (auxiliary as my position my be). Anyway- I like them, they are funny. I hope they like me too. I like Dave the best though...just so you know. ;)

The drive to Ohio was 6.5 hours, and I'm proud to say I MADE IT! Anyone who has been in the car with me during an extended period knows how I get. I have my breaking point where I just revert to a childlike state and get very restless until there is eating. It kicked in on the way home around Frederick, MD, so that's pretty good huh? I did spazz out a little though, but it included a good double fist-pullin horn-honk request from a big rig next to us...but hey man, he honked. :)

I will have you all know that it is exactly 33 days until my trip to DISNEYWORLD! Woo-hoo. That's pretty much one month, jerks! Can you believe it? I haven't been in 20 years! I am so friggin excited. I can't wait to take off. I hope work leaves me alone that week. I can't WAIT! We've been planning this since June and it's going to be super rad. :) Also, I don't know if you are aware of this but it's just about FOOTBALL SEASON again! Whew...the off season wasn't so bad now was it? I can't wait! And we're going to be going to Disney right around the same time. AND, then it's CHRISTMAS! YEY! I guess life isn't so bad. At least I get to go on my vacation once everyone is back and mourning theirs. tee hee. I haven't been on vacation in over 5 years, so I'm about due wouldn't you say? I've never even taken a whole week off from work except once when I got my gall bladder removed and that wasn't the best vacation I've ever had. I'm just being honest.

Ok, this blog sucked. I'm sorry I don't have more to share with you. I'm not funny anymore (sniff). If something comes up though, you'll be first to know.

Miss you losers!

ps: someone needs to have a party. I'm feeling like I need a little get together to hold me over until vacation. So yeah, um, you should get started on that. :)


8 Comments:

Blogger Stargate Jumper said...

just in case you're not Eric :) Man, that has to become a classic. ;)

How to get trashed on business trip by TheLauraLee, you need to write that book. I find that I'm way too boring. lol

Blogger John Holland said...

Yay! for Disney World. This May I went for the first time in something like twenty five years. It was sooooooooooo much fun! You're going to have a blast! I wish I was going back. Can I hide in your suitcase? I promise I won't take up too much room.

Blogger heather said...

well, a few things...

1) you ARE donald duck. oh, wait, was that this blog or the one before? i dont remember. either way, that is accurate, sir.

2) you ARE still very funny. i laughed at a few opportune moments during this blog, probably helped by the fact that i (unlike those of you who are sad enough to only know thelauralee by blogland) can actually picture you and HEAR you say some of these things. man. good times.

3) we're gonna have a housewarming party soon to commemorate the fact that we FINALLY got this gd apt put together after The Big Merge.

4) we're gonna have a housewarming party hopefully not too long after that one to commemorate the fact that we bought a house (i'm just planning ahead now that we got a kick arse agent who rocks the raleigh world)

5) i love lists

6) disney is super fun but you MUST MUST MUST partake of the fast passes!!!!!
6a) get there when the park opens!
6b) hop on the train first thing and go to splash mountain and get your fast pass
6c)run pansy rides that dont have long lines until your assigned time at SM
6d) after riding SM then take train over to space mountain and get your fast pass for that

i know, it sounds crazy, but having just been? those fast passes are DA BOMB. they essentially allow those of us with just an OUNCE of planning ability to walk by all the losers who dont who have been waiting in line for an hour to wait for just a few minutes and then ride it and then go on our merry way to the next super fun ride (ps. they did a great job of johnny depp in POC though clearly they now need to update the rest of their rigidly-moving characters).

okay this comment is way too long.

7) i love me some laura lee

bubye.

Blogger heather said...

pps. get in the VERY FIRST seat in space mountain. you wont regret it.

Blogger Laura Lee said...

WHOOOOOOOA Nelly! And Heather too! ;) I am going to want a MUCH more specific tutorial on "the Fast Pass" as well as a guided virtual tour (verbally of course) before leaving for WDW...from YOU.

John, you can't leave it at that-- you must tell me everything about Disney that rules and why i should be excited...I need you to WET MY PALLET for a sloppy Disney binge.

As for the rest fo you whove been to Disney (in the last 20 years) you NEED to get a hold of me! I promise to give you my undivided attention for um...well at least until you get to something I want to talk about! ;)

Ready yourselves...I'll be calling on you pre-trip.

ps: 30 days! rock on beyotches.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh-oh, you guys said the D word. I don't think laura has been willing to talk about anything except Disney for the last 2 months. I really should have started charging her for the fifty "wirtual guided tours" she has requested that I take her on. I've already had to describe in vivid detail the bus ride from the hotel to the park. She's lucky I love her so much.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, I said "wirtual", that's German for "virtual", fuckers.

Oh, and nobody better try "wetting Laura's pallete". That's my pallete and I'll kick your asses.

Blogger heather said...

well, fine, dave, i'll let you SHARE laura's pallette. bc it was mine WELL before it was ever yours (3rd grade, gotcha beat!). lol.

that being said? that's nasty and i dont do tacos, so that pallette shit is ALLLLL YOURS. yuck. (insert scraping off tongue with fingers face here a la tom hanks in big)

when are you two bitches gonna come visit us? get awn it.

ps. this blog comment was brought to you by the word verification "kerun", aka the low-class, minority-trying-to-be-clever spelling version of our popular name "karen"

Post a Comment

<< Home