...could easily replace me in all my endeavors, but you be the judge...
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Psst...wanna hear about the 12 inches of magic I got last night???
Yesterday sucked. I think I was just stressed out, overly emotional and being a total girl. I left work late and my back hurt and I was just a miserable bitch all around. By the time I got home I was ready to just crash and have the day be over. BUT...it wasnt. ;) Things got better really quick.

Last night I got home and on my front step was a package (no doubt delivered by OWL POST) tied up in paper and twine with a note tied in ribbon that said :

LAURA LEE

I open it up and its a letter from Mr. Olivander of Olivander's Wand Shop, Diagon Alley, London, England telling me that it was most unusual for him to send a wand to someone, let alone a muggle, but that this particular wand is anxious to find its owner. Me. This letter explains that a friend of mine, who is a well respected wizard, was in his shop recently and said that I have powers that I've yet to recognize and the wand JUMPED out of the box and into his pocket and refused to leave his pocket until Mr. Olivander promised to send it to me, its rightful owner. He said he'd never seen anything like it in 2000 years of wandmaking, so he had unite it with its proper match.

The letter then gave a full appraisal and description of a wand, that it was 12" and had a phoenix feather core, it was made of maple (or at least it said so...tasted like it) and that he'd taken the liberty of enclosing an extra feather from the same bird, since I live in the US and its difficult to get to London, I can take that feather to any respectable wand maker and that shop will make the repairs...the feather would show them all they need to know. haha! At this point, I was in full nerd highgear. The remaining pages include 8 chapters on wand care that were hilarious and so detailed witty. It was amazing.

Then I open the package and its a glass and wood display box with frosted windows, very glittery and inside is a WAND!!! My wand. Its long and thin and wooden and a little glittery and it has a small piece of the phoenix feather protruding from the end where you hold it (since it is 700 years old and supposedly that is a characteristic of an old wand) and the end is silver. The inside of the box is purple velvet that glitters all over. hah! Its perfect for me. :)

Can you believe it?! How creative. It is so intricate and the papers that came with it are all written exactly as if it were sent to a real witch or wizard right out of Harry Potter (and maybe it WAS! hmmmmm) ;) Olivander's seal is on the letter and everything.

So...needless to say...Im happy! I freaked. I sure will say this: there is a little elf out there that worked very hard on this that must love me very much to go to so much trouble in making this early Christmas gift. It's the best gift ever and I'm already trying to realize my power, but I imagine I should start smaller than the "clean my whole room" spell that I'm working on. ;)

THANK YOU soooo much Mr. Olivander....wow...should we ever meet, I will have to find some way to thank you for the best 12" of magic I ever got (at least by mail). :)

Now let's see if I can transfigure Nikki into a digital camera and take some pictures of this bad boy for yeh...


1 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

waaaaaaaaaaaa :( I want a wand too! (stomping foot)

girl, when you're done with that elf can i have him? lol. that is THE coolest and sweetest gift EVER. the time and effort and thought that went into it. amazing!

hey baby...can i play with your wand? (wink wink)

Post a Comment

<< Home