...could easily replace me in all my endeavors, but you be the judge...
Friday, April 01, 2005
Let me hear ya say: This sh*t is bananas.................B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!!


******* "Heart attack." *********

Word up bloggies! TGIF to all you little worshipers of thelauralee. I give myself too much credit, don't I? So, you like-ah da good shtoreesh Daniel Son? Cuz I got a good one. I did somethin last night that was so totally blogrific, you're gonna be so jealous! Unless of course you play the drums and then you'll just have to be jealous for different reasons but we'll get to that.

Last night I got together with Mr. Big (as he shall remain nameless to protect him from the stigma that is associated with interaction with yours truly). Mr Big is a potpourri of interesting skills and has many entertaining qualities, one of which is that he is an off-the-hook drummer. Is this too cute or what? That made him sound gayish...is that cool or what? That's like "Fonzie cool" ;)

Since I met Mr. Big, I've very much wanted to see him go at his drums (and sorta at me too), as I think this one of his most amazing talents (mainly due to the fact that I know not the wonders of being coordinated, ie: Falldowngoboom Academy Graduate, Class of 1977). But he never offered...I assumed it was his personal passion, very dear to him, and that one day maybe I would reach non-mutant status and he'd ask me to come hear him play when I was deemed worthy :) On Wednesday he told me his band was performing in April...this led to a conversation about how I would love an opportunity to see him play...which led to an invitation on Thursday to tear it up Mr. Big style at his practice pad in the city. Apparently we viewed this differently...he thought it was something that I wouldnt be interested in seeing/hearing in this lifetime, and I thought he was holding out the goodies on thelauralee.

So we go, I watch him play and it was amazing! I think he has 6 secret arms that come out when he's playing, there were hands everywhere (ahhh no no no...they were drumming....don't get ahead of yourself). Well I was secretly worshipping this amazing display of talent by the musical octopus. He really is awesome. Maybe if YOU are lucky, you will meet Mr. B one day and see the drummin yourself. But he might make ya pay de toll hon.

I got a chance to sit there and play them myself! I had no flippin idea what to do! haha But can I just tell you that one is overcome by an overwhelming desire to bang the crap out of everything in front of you?! So I did. :) He showed me little things that I couldn't do for longer than 30 seconds, but yeah...I was a rockstar for every one of those 30 seconds. :)

Ok so here's the best part (I know I am like a total nerd). He sits on the stool, and I sit on his lap and he put his hands on mine and my feet on the pedals and he moved my limbs and I played drums like a motherf*cker! It was so awesome! I was laughing and squealing like a total dork. It was so cool. Sittin on his lap wasnt so horrible either ;) It had to be hard to work my arms like that...sometimes I get real tired when I have to move my own arms n' stuff--haha. He told me he used to have his nephew sit on his lap and he'd swing his little arms around and make him play...but that it was a little easier to manipulate the limbs of a 4 year old...they are considerably lighter and his little arms didn't have a minds of their own. Trust me...once he gets you going, you want to take over and bang yourself...I often want to bang myself, so this was nothing new for me ;)

Anyway...maybe ya had to be there bloggies, but this was just about the coolest thing I'd done since I learned how to walk (hmmm maybe I never really learned properly). It was like a really cool video game that moves your limbs for you. Plus he's great company. :)

We of course summed it all up by getting lost trying to find Canton for the 35th time that evening (my forte...getting lost...as you all know). So are you not SO jealous that I spent the evening with an arm manipulating rock star?! I'm his groupie now. ;) Maybe if you ask him real nice, he'll make you a bad ass punk rocker too! His contact info might be somewhere on this site below...this link tells the story of our budding master-apprentice percussionship. It's compelling. Get your tissues ready (for cryin of course...you are such total perverts!)

Banished for bangin on dee drum all day (you know...how I don't wanna work?!)

Have a great weekend my lil drumsticks. Thanks for stoppin in to be jealous of me and my new talent. I do have a huge talent...please feel free to stop over on Saturday for a lil parteeeeeee at 2711 in O-ding-ton.

Luv,
Parumpapumpumpin Licky Lee ;)

Songs of the Day:
Holla Back Girl - Gwen Stefani (B-A-N-A-N-A-S!)
Meant To Be - Squirrel Nut Zippers

PS: I did something totally off limits at work but it feels SO right. I signed up for
LAUNCHcast Radio on Yahoo. It was so easy and I just clicked all the genres I liked and its playing non-stop streamline radio of all the songs I love. Woo hoo! ;)

Dazed n' Confused Quote of the Day: (theres a lot of 'things of the day' today)
"Man, I ain't believing that shit about Bonham's one hour drum solo, man. I mean one hour of drums, you couldn't handle that shit on strong acid, man."


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey laura! I wanted to comment on your blog to let you know:

1) how funny and interesting (yet quirky) your blog is.

2) you are SO fine. damn girl, you are a hottie.

good work. keep on bloggin.

your #1 fan

Post a Comment

<< Home