...could easily replace me in all my endeavors, but you be the judge...
Thursday, March 31, 2005
STATE OF MARYLAND VS. LEE, LAURA M.
I was "hereby summoned" to Rockville this AM for a speeding ticket I got ages ago coming home from Nikki and Simone's after a long Sunday night of eating crappy food and drinking apple martinis and watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition (and I would usually say crying, but I think it may have been the episode about the kid whose bones were like glass and broke a lot and he walked everywhere on his knees??? I hated that one. That kid was a little shithead and I didnt cry--no tears for you glassboy!) I remember when I got pulled over I was a little afraid that he would smell alcohol on my breath (although I was soberish) and also that I would get a ticket and likely receive all the points since I was on probation for speeding anyway. And you know what? Was it for going 20 or 30 miles over the limit? NO! At least that would have been worth it. Both times it was 9 miles over. NINE MILES PEOPLE!!!! And in Montgomery County too, those greedy bastards. So I had to go all the way to flippin Rockville from Annapolis (by the way I still hate Capo, she is Beelzebub).

Long story short--I lost my case so to speak. GUILTY. I got points and fees galore. The only thing he dropped was 1 point and $5. Frankly, after getting gas in Silver Spring for $2.23 a gallon, I didn't even save myself the $5 he dropped. I should have paid the damn ticket and not gone to court. Shucks y'all! My insurance is gonna go whooooooooooooop! (that's up)

The cop who gave me the ticket WAS there, that red headed punk. I think that the judge was biased against me. I think he was for two reasons. One, he didn't like my shirt and SAID SO in front of the whole court. Said it was "loud". It's Pepto Bismal Pink. Lindsay...you'd love it. Nikki saw it. I think it's cute. Secondly, this "Spanish American" in handcuffs was talking to me from the DETENTION BENCH before court went into session. Asking me how I was and flirting and said I was cute. Do I have a 'if you are foreign and a criminal I will go out with you' sign on me? I literally ignored him, but eventually I just turned to him and went, "SHH!!!" with a bitchy face. I didn't want to be associated with him! He was wearing a teal jumpsuit and was in handcuffs and shackles!!! He's currently in jail for distribution and gun posession and on top of it he has to appear in traffic court like that because he can't fail to appear being that he's already into the system. I think the judge saw us having spinteraction (spic interaction) and labeled me. :(

After I leave the court room 800 years later (I was LAST to go), I am at the ATM on Jefferson Street and the cop who gave me the ticket pulls up at that light...sees me and flips the siren on twice (weooop! weooop!) real quick. And waived. Flippin idiot...
GOSH!!!

I'm really not as unhappy as I seem today though. :) At least its over. Now I can work on getting tickets in O-ding-ton hon! :)


Check out Nikki's blog about the b-day party! :) It's sweet and there are some pictures. Those of you who saw it between the hours of 12:33pm and 4:02 pm, please erase that image of me from your memory forever. OMG. Back to Curves. Twice a day. Oh well...at least I was in good company! ;)

I leave you with the songs...and "something to think about".

Songs of the Day:
Fallin - Alicia Keys
Breathe (2am) - Anna Nlick
Hard To Say - Dan Fogelberg (so sing-songy) :)



3 Comments:

Blogger Nikki W*j*hn said...

Laura, if the police officer "waived" at you, why didn't he just "wave" the ticket?

See your blog for reference.
:)

Blogger heather said...

haha nikki you're horrible but i love you. glad i'm not the only one who is anal about speling and grammer.

sorry to hear about your ticket laura, you're just a race car driver...livin on the edge at 9 miles over. that is fucking ridiculous of them! dont they have better things to do, like go fight CRIME?! seriously...

Blogger John Holland said...

Count yourself lucky that you only had to pay the ticket. The last time I got a ticket it was in a different parish (that's like counties for all you yankees) and I completely forgot about it. Well one day a nice police officer was knocking at my door and proceeded to handcuff me and bring me to jail for not paying the ticket. To make a long story even longer i ended up spending about five hours in a holding cell with about twenty other find unpstanding citizens that Im sure were in there for speeding tickets or less. In the end I had to post bond which I lost and pay the speeding ticket. I won't forget to pay a ticket again.
John

Post a Comment

<< Home