...could easily replace me in all my endeavors, but you be the judge...
Wednesday, March 30, 2005
Who let the dogs out? Who?! Who-who?!
I'm too nice. Is that possible? ;) Why can't I learn to just say NO to people when I don't feel up for something. I could take a few classes from Nancy Regan on the art of Just Saying NO. HH and I have been discussing our favorite topic a lot lately and that is "your gut". I don't mean that fat that hangs over your pants...I mean that instictive intuition you have in the core of your being that says: yes, no or in most cases...maybe so. We ignore this a lot. Often we ignore this becuase we don't like what it has to say. Denial. So I'll cut to the chase and that is that your gut is telling you lots of things on both simple and complex issues, and it's up to you to decide on whether or not you're going ot act on it (or in many cases, NOT act on it). What'll I do???

So many times, people will ask me to do something for them or they will present me with an issue (none of YOU of course ;) and almost always I will do it. I mean it's not going to kill me to do something nice for someone that won't take much time and they will really appreciate it and then later when and if I need something, it'll just be a big circle of reciproaction and love right? Well ya know what? NO! It's disenchanting, but a lot of times it ends up being like Crazy (but hot) Billy Joe says, "I walk a lonley road...I walk this empty street, along the boulevard of broken dreams"?

My gut says, "ehhhhhhh...I dunno Big L...may want to take this one through the high counsel." That's you girls. Most of the time I basically just look for consensus and do whatever majority rules. haha-- you rule me!

I'm not really getting deep here, because you know I don't do that, but last night I slept over my dad's. I will be doing this until flippin MONDAY MORNING because he has two flippin big dogs that are flippin bad and chew things and are really needy (for like food and water and walks and craps, apparently). His wife's father passed away sadly on Easter and she wanted the whole fam damily to go to Oklahoma with her. So I get the call for backup. "Oh God we're desperate, you HAVE to help us and come watch the dogs! Please! There's NO ONE ELSE! Plus no one will do such a great job like you!" First of all...I know that trick. He's been using it on me since I was little. I think the Catholic Church invented it. It's guilt by positive reinforcement. It's a ruse I tell you. It sends the message that only YOU could do this thing, making you a great superhero who's skills are unparalleled and no one could do a better job. However...chances are he didnt even ASK anyone else. And there's like no way he's asked his other two grown children that might actually enjoy being in a nice home all week, not having to commute to Baltimore everyday for work. Oh and who actually like dogs. Yes...look I can finally admit it. They are funny and cute and in some instances smart and/or good company but overall wtf is the appeal with having a big dog, let alone TWO?! They are a friggin pain in the ass--you are a slave to your pet!

He has two English labs and the one dog is SO annoying. It's name is Capo. My dad says she is still a puppy but thats BS! She's fully grown and over a year old and she's just an annoying little bitch (which is appropriate here). Plus, she makes licking noise ALL night really loud. He wanted me to come over, feed them and then sleep there and don't shut the dogs out of the bedroom with me. In return I get to sleep on a big king size bed with a $1000 pillow top down comforter. WHOOP-FREAKING-IE!

Bogey is the other dog. She is older (like 10 years I think). She is a good dog. Sweet, old, quiet, lazy. Thats how I like em. Poor thing is on a dog diet too, so its cool because I can feed her treats shes not supposed to have and shes SO sweet after that. Thats when shes not trying to avoid hellhound Capo stealing her toys, barging in on being patted...urgh! Erin will tell you...that dog is SATAN. She doesnt behave and she's a pest!

Ok now that I've said this, can somebody please come over there this week and hang out with me?! haha It's boring and quiet. BUT...with company it turns into a nice party house with all kinds of tv channels, Netflix, highspeed, water sports and luxury and ME! :) We can cuddle! Or if you're not into that-- we can not. ;) PULEEEZE! It sucks being alone down t here! I'm working on Erin...but it's just boring there all alone. I stop by my place first and eat and pick up clothes and visit a bit with Nikki and then...the abyss.

So I need someone to teach me how to say NO to this shit (and other shit too)! They aren't coming back until Monday! This sucks. I just generally need to learn what my own limitations and boundaries are and learn to enforce them. If I dont feel right about something...if my gut is saying that it's a bad idea for me to go there....why don't I LISTEN?!

Capo f*cking snores too. I'm locking those shitheads out tonight. Don't tell my dad.

Here's a cute cartoon..hehe (I've been putting a lot of those up lately!) I'll blog later prolly. Check out
THE ONION today-- hilarious as usual.



Adios!

Songs of the Day:
Let Me Go - 3 Doors Down
Look What You've Done - Jet (love this new tune!)
Who Let the Dogs Out - Baha Men
Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Greenday
The Tide Is High - Blondie


6 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

ooooh "look what you've done" i LOVE this song!!

i can help you get better at saying no :) just holla when you're presented with something you dont want to do. it's a free service ;)

Blogger Laura Lee said...

Think I'll take ya up on that...though I'd like to see your resume first. ;)

Do you service people with TWO guts? I have twins...and they don't ever agree. So yeah...apply within.

Blogger Nikki W*j*hn said...

Who let the Roommate out? Who? Who? Who-who?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to help you out but as you know I'm really not a people person!! Have fun!

Blogger Laura Lee said...

The bad one just pissed on the bed that I am supposed to sleep on and on my clothes!!!!!! And I have to go to court tomorrow morning! I am so pissed!!!!

Blogger heather said...

yes, i myself have more than one gut, so i am skilled in that department. will email resume for application. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home