...could easily replace me in all my endeavors, but you be the judge...
Tuesday, September 06, 2005
Tweet tweet!
Well y'all, its time.

Today is the first day of
my new job. Naturally, I woke up at 4:30am...because I have to be there at 9am. ;) Im feeling a mixture of things here. Some of it is anticipation (the good kind) and some of it is anxiousness (the bad kind). I dont know what to expect really, and although this is one of those rare days I wont see very often in my life and I should embrace it and savor it...well you know me...I'm a worry wart.

I'm feeling a little insecure about making it in DC, getting to work via
DC transport (by the way, didnt get my $175 train/metro commuter pass in the mail in time so I have to BUY a ticket today on both), whether or not I can do that job well, if people will like me and lastly, will I like the job? What if it turns out to be a huge mistake? Hey, dont ever say I didnt help reveal the dark side to every situation. ;) Im being rather insecure I suppose though, right?

Nikki is taking the early train with me (6:48am) so I can get there, buy a
MARC train ticket, and then she can show me around Union Station a little bit and shove me off like a baby bird from the nest towards the Red Line to Dupont Circle. From there, I plan to walk .56 miles to 23rd Street NW, where my new high powered career area is located. All of this SHOULD occur by 9am. Seeing as how it's 4:51am, I should get a move on here kiddies (ha!) but I did want to poke my head on here and at least send out a message in a bottle to all my neglected bloggies: WISH ME LUCK!

I will be sure to post a lil blog about my first week and what it was like. Afterall...you miss me like crazy DONT YOU?!

Love and mental stability to you all...



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dawn Eden's Blog On: Try a little love byte on the Net
You don't have to tell me that geeks are chic. I've known it since age 13, when computer-whiz classmate Jason Eisner took me to see the sci-fi flick "Tron" - and gave me a chaste kiss during the love scene.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a alternative health blog. It pretty much covers alternative health related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time ;^)

Blogger Stargate Jumper said...

The best of luck to you on this big, new and great adventure.

And remember: Have fun!

Blogger heather said...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

(breathe)

WAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

yes, i DO miss you. :(

hope the day goes well, i know it will! cant wait to hear about it! :) go get 'em tiger!

Post a Comment

<< Home