...could easily replace me in all my endeavors, but you be the judge...
Monday, October 10, 2005
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make...
Here are some of my favorite song lyrics...words to live by. The title, my credo. Oh and...that's the Beatles. ;)


All lies and jest, still, a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest. - Simon and Garfunkel, The Boxer

Before you accuse me take a look at yourself. - Bo Diddley; Creedance Clearwater Revival; Eric Clapton, Before You Accuse Me

Bent out of shape from society's pliers, cares not to come up any higher, but rather get you down in the hole that he's in. - Bob Dylan, It's Alright, Ma

Different strokes for different folks, and so on and so on and scooby dooby dooby. - Sly and the Family Stone, Everyday People

Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. - Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well

It seems to me some fine things have been laid upon your table, but you only want the ones that you can't have. - The Eagles, Desperado

Even the genius asks questions. - 2 Pac, Me Against The World

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end. - Semisonic, Closing Time

Fathers be good to your daughters, daughters will love like you do. Girls become lovers, who turn into mothers, so mothers be good to your daughters, too. - John Mayer, Daughters

Fear is the lock and laughter the key to your heart. - Crosby, Stills, and Nash, Suite: Judy Blue Eyes

For what is a man, what has he got? If not himself, then he has naught. To say the things he truly feels, and not the words of one who kneels. - Paul Anka; Frank Sinatra; Elvis Presley, My Way

I gotta peaceful, easy feeling, and I know you won’t let me down’ cause I’m already standing on the ground - The Eagles, Peaceful Easy Feeling

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose. Nothing ain't nothing, but it's free. - Janis Joplin, Me And Bobby McGee

I don't need no money, fortune, or fame. I got all the riches baby, one man can claim. - The Temptations, My Girl

I got a lot to say, I got a lot to say, I got a lot to say. I can't remember now, I can't remember now, I can't remember now. - Ramones, Got Alot To Say

I understand about indecision, but I don't care if I get behind. People living in competition, all I want is to have my peace of mind. - Boston, Peace Of Mind

It's sad, so sad. Why can't we talk it over? Oh it seems to me, that sorry seems to be the hardest word. - Elton John, Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word

I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth. - The Who, Substitute

When you’re feeling love’s unfair, you just ask the lonely. When you’re lost in deep despair, you just ask the lonely. -Journey, Ask the Lonely

A woman is like a dresser, some man always running through it’s drawers. - Cream, Four Until Late

If we were blind and had no choice, would we hate each other by the tone of our voice? -Anthrax, Schism

If we weren't all crazy we would go insane. - Jimmy Buffett, Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush, Freewill

If you smile at me I will understand, cause that is something everybody everywhere does in the same language. - Crosby, Stills, and Nash; Jefferson Airplane, Wooden Ships

I'm not a number. Dammit, I'm a man. - Bob Seger, Feel Like A Number

I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. - Lee Greenwood, God Bless The USA

It's better to burn out, than to fade away. - Neil Young, My My, Hey Hey

We are Young. Heartache to heartache we stand. No promises no demands. Love is a battlefield. - Pat Benatar, Love Is A Battlefield

Love when you can, cry when you have to, be who you must, that's a part of the plan. Await your arrival with simple survival, and one day we'll all understand. - Dan Fogelberg, Part Of The Plan

God gave rock and roll to you, gave rock and roll to you. Put it in the soul of everyone - KISS, God Gave Rock n' Roll To You

No matter what you do, you'll never run away from you. - Paul Revere and the Raiders, Kicks

Optimism is my best defense. - Rod Stewart, Baby Jane

Our early morning singing song, glibby glub gloopy, nibby nabby noopy, la la la lo lo. Sabba sibby sabba, nooby abba nabba, lee le lo lo. Tooby ooby walla, nooby abba naba. - Hair; Oliver, Good Morning Starshine

Rather die on our feet, than keep living on our knees. - James Brown, Say It Loud - I'm Black And I'm Proud (Part I)

I’m free to do what I want any old time, so love me hold me love me hold me. - The Rolling Stones, I'm Free

So tonight you better stop and rebuild all your ruins, because peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing. - Led Zeppelin, Immigrant Song

Space ain't man's final frontier, man's final frontier is the soul. - Arrested Development, Man's Final Frontier

Talk about your plenty, talk about your ills, one man gathers what another man spills. - Grateful Dead, St. Stephen

The future is so bright that I have got to wear shades. - Timbuk 3, The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades

The swift don't win the race. It goes to the worthy, who can divide the word of truth. - Bob Dylan, I and I

Then one day you find, ten years have got behind you. No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time

There are places I remember all my life, though some have changed. Some forever, not for better, some have gone and some remain. - The Beatles, In My Life

Keep smilin' keep shinin'. Knowing you can always count on me for sure. That's what friends are for. - Dionne Warwick, That's What Friends Are For

Thinking is the best way to travel. - The Moody Blues, The Best Way To Travel

Time can bring you down, time can bend your knees. - Eric Clapton, Tears In Heaven

War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate. - Marvin Gaye, What's Going On

We learned more from a three minute record than we ever learned in school. - Bruce Springsteen, No Surrender

Well, you don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't spit into the wind. You don't pull on the mask of old Lone Ranger and you don't mess around with Jim. - Jim Croce, You Don't Mess Around With Jim

Where am I to go, now that I've gone too far? - Golden Earring, Twilight Zone

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime you just might find, you get what you need. - The Rolling Stones, You Can't Always Get What You Want

You don't have to be old to be wise. - Judas Priest, You Don't Have To Be Old To Be Wise

You got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them, know when to walk away, and know when to run. - Kenny Rogers, The Gambler

You rise as high as your dominant aspiration, you descend to the level of your lowest concept of yourself. Free your mind and your ass will follow. - Funkadelic, Good Thoughts, Bad Thoughts

You would think with all the genius and the brilliance of these times, we might find a higher purpose and a better use of mind. - Jackson Browne, Say It Isn't True


Don't go for second best baby, put your love to the test. - Madonna, Express Yourself

Just let go. And let it flow, let it flow, let it flow. Everything’s gonna work out right, y’know. - Toni Braxton, Let it Flow

We got the bottle - you got the cup. Come on everybody let’s get ffffff... - Beastie Boys, Brass Monkey


9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look inside yourself, and if you don't see what you want, Maybe sometimes then
you don't, But leave your mind alone and just get high
-Allman Brothers Band

Blogger Laura Lee said...

Oh yeah...and PLEASE add your favorites or tributes you think I missed in my comments section...just like this anonymous wacky tabacky smoking hippy bong brain did. ;) Stoner.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my favorite lyrics and absolute words to live by:
"Don't worry,
'Bout a thing,
Cause every little thing,
Is gonna be alright."
-Bob Marley & The Wailers,
Three Little Birds

Blogger Laura Lee said...

I'm adding a few:

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery; None but ourselves can free our minds. - Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Yes I need her in the daytime. Yes I need her in the night. Yes I want to throw my arms around her. Kiss her hug her kiss her hug her tight. - Van Morrison, Crazy Love

Einstein, James Dean, Brooklyn's got a winning team, Davy Crockett, Peter Pan, Elvis Presley, Disneyland! - Billy Joel, We Didn't Start the Fire

We call them strong: Those who can face this world alone, who seem to get by on their own, those who will never take the fall.
We call them weak: Who are unable to resist, the slightest chance love might exist, and for that forsake it all. - Garth Brooks, Standing Outside The Fire

In your life expect some trouble, but when you worry you make it double; Dont worry. Be happy. Be happy now! - Bobby McFerrin, Don't Worry, Be Happy

You’ve seen your birth your life and death. You might recall all of the rest. Did you have a good world when you died? Enough to base a movie on? - The Doors, The Movie

You gotta know happy - you gotta know glad, because you're gonna know lonely and you're gonna know bad.- Dire Straits, The Bug (sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug!)

Once you tell somebody the way that you feel, you can feel it beginning to ease. I think it's true what they say about the squeaky wheel, always getting the grease. - James Taylor, Shower The People You Love With Love

Blogger TD said...

The wedding cake, fades into a memory thrown in cupid's face....love's just frosting anyway.- Jellyfish

Blogger Stargate Jumper said...

To me you're like a growing addiction that I can't deny
Won't you tell me is that healthy, babe. -Seal, Kiss from a rose

Damn baby, you frustrate me. I know you're mine, all mine, all mine. You look so good, it hurts sometimes. -John Mayer, Your body is a wonderland

I would like a place I could call my own. Have a conversation on the telephone. Wake up everyday, that would be a start. I would not complain of my wounded heart. -New Order, Regret

I have faith in medication, I believe in the Prozac nation. You play doctor but I've lost patience. -Barenaked Ladies, This is where it ends

Slowly walking down the hall, faster than a canonball. Where were you while we were getting high. -Oasis, Champagne Supernova

Soul needs beauty for a soulmate. When the soul wants the soul waits. -U2, A man and a woman

Je marche droit pour ne pas plier. D'ailleur je chante souvent pour ne pas crier. -Corneille, Seul au monde

F*ck la terre, si je meurs voici mon testament. -Mc Solaar, Solaar pleure

You will find the answer if you let it go. Give yourself some time to falter. But dont forgo knowing that youre loved no matter what and everything will come around in time. -Sarah McLachlan, Perfect Girl

Blogger heather said...

a few from one of the best bands ever as far as lyrics go:

A woman needs a man
like a fish needs a bicycle

-- U2, Tryin to Throw Your Arms Around the World

You ask me to enter
But then you make me crawl
And I can’t be holding on
To what you got
When all you got is hurt

--U2, One

All the promises we break
From the cradle to the grave
When all I want is you

-- U2, All I want is You

You got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice

--U2, Running to Stand Still

You say in love there are no rules
Sweetheart
You’re so cruel

-- U2, So Cruel

Blogger S* said...

There been times that I thought I couldn't last for long. But now I think I'm able to carry on. It's been a long, a long time coming. But I know a change gonna come.
-Sam Cooke

Blogger heather said...

ooooh good one shana! and AMEN to that, sista!

Post a Comment

<< Home